Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem blue. If we all were of the same opinion, there'd be no point in posting.
@mosssideblue There is absolutely no place on this forum for rational discussion that respects the valid opinions of others and appreciates the passion fellow blues’ have for our club and players. And certainly not reasonable, civil resolution of a disagreement.

Be gone with you both!

Really turning into an echo chamber here...I've seen hundreds of the same exact post, with little to no argument against those posts.

De Gea is the best shot stopper in the world, Ederson is the better distributor, Ederson is the future of GK, no one would swap Eddie for DDG. Ok.
Consensus has a tendency of looking like that, or so I am told by most people.

Last edited:
1) Bravo is playing whether we like it or not. I recall Pinto featuring in a cup final against Madrid a while back.

2) Why are people so eager to compare Ederson to De Gea (I mean we all know why really)? They're both bloody good goalkeepers with obviously different key strengths, isn't that enough? Surely Neuer or even Ter Stegen make for more sensible discussion points, as they have similar styles/qualities to Ederson?

3) Re: Ederson is too quick off his line.

I don't know if it's coming from Pep or it's all Ederson, but he has a blanket policy of always charging out if he feels he might need to. He never hangs about or bothers with timing. This might not always be the smartest strategy everytime but having a 'one size fits all' kind of approach eliminates indecisiveness which I imagine saves far more goals than we appreciate.

Really turning into an echo chamber here...I've seen hundreds of the same exact post, with little to no argument against those posts.

De Gea is the best shot stopper in the world, Ederson is the better distributor, Ederson is the future of GK, no one would swap Eddie for DDG. Ok.

+1

Definitely Ederson is the future of goalkeeping.

De Gea would cost upwards of 50m, maybe all the way up to 100m. Spending that kind of money on him is akin to spending 75-90m on Lukaku whose style harks back to the old battering ram days e.g. Drogba.

Mourinho got his Drogba (Lukaku), thought he got his Essien (Pogba). Guy is in a time warp.

Drogba >> Lukaku though.

I think you'd have to give shot stopping to DDG and possibly Courtois for now if you are going off their contributions on that one merit but goalkeeping is so much more than one criteria. It's also a little unfair in my view as our overall teamplay means he wont get many chances to single handedly keep us in a game pulling off save after save which DDG and Courtois have both had the chance to do this season... because we don't allow teams to do that very often and naturally they are more practiced at having to do it. I think the Liverpool away game may have been a wake up call for him, that would have been his only chance really to put in one of those kinds performances this season, still DDG or Courtois would have done well to do any better with the level of finishing they had that day, very clinical and the type of saves you don't expect anyone to make. I'd rather he doesn't get much practice at having to do that for us though.

Either way Eddie's a great shot stopper, fast and agile saved us plenty of points already in my view... he's also more commanding in the penalty area than DDG for set pieces and the like, distribution and ball control he's miles ahead of him in too. He's not got any obvious weaknesses for me, lets also not forget he's new to the league and he's learning and improving all the time believe it or not. Even though he does on the odd occasion get caught in no mans land no other keeper in the PL is even attempting what he does and he normally gets it right, they would do much worse trying to sweep up as he does.

Last edited:
1) Bravo is playing whether we like it or not. I recall Pinto featuring in a cup final against Madrid a while back.

2) Why are people so eager to compare Ederson to De Gea (I mean we all know why really)? They're both bloody good goalkeepers with obviously different key strengths, isn't that enough? Surely Neuer or even Ter Stegen make for more sensible discussion points, as they have similar styles/qualities to Ederson?

3) Re: Ederson is too quick off his line.

I don't know if it's coming from Pep or it's all Ederson, but he has a blanket policy of always charging out if he feels he might need to. He never hangs about or bothers with timing. This might not always be the smartest strategy everytime but having a 'one size fits all' kind of approach eliminates indecisiveness which I imagine saves far more goals than we appreciate.

+1 i think ederson has saved more goals by coming of the line as compared to conceeding them . Its seems to be his natural game and i feel he should stick to it

apparently the keeper is good ..to be honest haven't seen him much...but selfishly hope Ederson gets the No. 1 by the world cup

the same with fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.