Wigan (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's hardly fair, Yaya was pretty good in the second half of last season. This season, when he's played, he's been a major hindrance.

I thought it was hardly fair when the one or two of us who rightly said it was 10 mil wasted and knew he was already a major hindrance got slated !

Man-management is an art. Back-up keepers aren't easy to keep happy as there isn't the same rotation/substitution as there is in the outfield positions. Giving Bravo runs in both of the domestic cups is the only way to keep him happy — plus, he should be rewarded for being immense in the Carabao Cup (he's probably the single player that contributed most in getting us to the final). Dropping him for the final would not only damage squad morale for the game itself, but would add a level of toxicity to the dressing room for the rest of the season by making Bravo miserable and itching to leave. I'd be shocked if Pep made the mistake of withdrawing Bravo from either the final next Sunday or any of the FA Cup games

I don’t think he will either. I just think as an attacking unit we look so much better when Ederson is sweeping up. Hopefully the unity will prevail and it won’t be an issue but he isn’t as good as Ederson so there is an element of risk against a better side than he has faced all season.

got a good mate who is a staunch latics fan and he is convinced they have the hoodoo over us , and he is very confident of a Wigan victory , do love his optimism but tried to explain when we played the cup quarter final we rested players and we had lost the 2013 FA Cup final before a ball was kicked due to the shit surrounding Mancini and his future. Quite sure Pep will play his strongest team due to the fact we have six days before and after the Wigan game for our players to recover. If Wigan can hold out until half time it will be an interesting game , but i suspect we will get an early goal to quieten the crowd and will go on to score a few more to put the "hoodoo" to bed.

got a good mate who is a staunch latics fan and he is convinced they have the hoodoo over us , and he is very confident of a Wigan victory , do love his optimism but tried to explain when we played the cup quarter final we rested players and we had lost the 2013 FA Cup final before a ball was kicked due to the shit surrounding Mancini and his future. Quite sure Pep will play his strongest team due to the fact we have six days before and after the Wigan game for our players to recover. If Wigan can hold out until half time it will be an interesting game , but i suspect we will get an early goal to quieten the crowd and will go on to score a few more to put the "hoodoo" to bed.

Didn't we whack them 5-0 in the league cup the season after the fa cup final? Some hoodoo.

I think we’ll go strong. Maybe rest KDB, Sterling and Walker. Bravo will play. Try and get early goals then rest Fernandinho and Aguero.

If wigan rest players which has been surgested?& we go strong(ish) we’ll fuckin destroy them, preston 26-0 have the record score whilst we wont get anywhere near that 7 or 8 is quite poss

I really do see the draw effecting Wigan’s selection. If we draw one of the top 5 then that means that Wigan would have to first beat us then beat other 2 of the top 5 with a 3rd in the final in order to win it, an impossible task usually but even more difficult considering Wigan are fighting a close battle for promotion.

Big payday for Wigan if they managed to beat us and say were away at Spurs in the QF. They're never going to win the thing, but the prospect of major dough coming in might concentrate their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.