Wigan (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They bottom line with every game you play in the EP is simple. You turn up, you win. In all my years watching the English game, I have never seen a team so far ahead of the pack.

Every time I watch young Kevin I laugh like fuck at how the Chelsea fans must be feeling seeing him now as one of the very best in the world.

Bless.

Wigan fans should just enjoy seeing real class and then get ferociously drunk after. It’s the only way. I’m looking forward to the next CL stage game. It is there that the questions of how good you are will be answered.

I don’t think you have too much to worry about, but with the better teams any balls ups can and usually are punished.

United fans must be spewing. Which I know you enjoy very, very much.

I hope Gundogan starts, he’s starting to look like a good player.

I wonder whether he is equipped to take a defensive midfield role. I suspect not.

I wonder whether he is equipped to take a defensive midfield role. I suspect not.

I said after the Leicester game what a good game he had and how he was finding his form, only to be told he was average and drifted in and out of game.

Like Bernardo the more games you play the more confident you get and get used to the system (in Gundogan's case again).

After Tuesday he should start.

Delph needs minutes. Would give him a start at DM with Gundogan and David in front of him.

A rest for Fern and Kev yet still a very strong midfield.

Delph needs minutes. Would give him a start at DM with Gundogan and David in front of him.

A rest for Fern and Kev yet still a very strong midfield.
This is what I'd have done. But my sense is Pep wouldn't.

This is what I'd have done. But my sense is Pep wouldn't.

Pep might start Fern, I wouldn’t be surprised but it would be better to give him an extended rest so he is ready to start Arsenal x2 and Chelsea all in one week.

I said after the Leicester game what a good game he had and how he was finding his form, only to be told he was average and drifted in and out of game.

Like Bernardo the more games you play the more confident you get and get used to the system (in Gundogan's case again).

After Tuesday he should start.
Aye there was some basically saying we need to get rid of the 2 as they won't cut the mustard. Never once saying that it takes time to bed in.

I really do see the draw effecting Wigan’s selection. If we draw one of the top 5 then that means that Wigan would have to first beat us then beat other 2 of the top 5 with a 3rd in the final in order to win it, an impossible task usually but even more difficult considering Wigan are fighting a close battle for promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.