General Videogame Thread

Started playing this yesterday and its bloomin hard work on your own. Just made it out of the ancient forrest and some giant monster absolutely battered me. Any tips on improving weapons and armour?

I struggled as well mate best to call in help using a flare. I'm 50 hours in and only just opened up rare gear I used the starter armor just levellng it up as and when i could up until beating an enemy called an Odogoran (I think) later in the game then kept repeating the quest to get sufficient gear to craft it's armor which I'm still using at Hunter Rank 16. Beating certain bosses alone tho is very hard some depend on which weapon u use defo call for help.

Also to be able to open up / level up gear and weapons You need to go through the story as u need to discover to parts to craft them either by farming or killing animals.

I'm still not 100% sure myself ha.

Last edited:
Stated playing The Witcher 3 again as I never finished it first time round. 62 hours in and I've just made it to Skellige Isles!! Its an absolute phenomenal game. My plan is to finish it then start again on new game + I've also not played the expansion packs either and the are supposed to be brilliant. I'm getting an Xbox One X next Month so I can ether play it in 4K @ 30fps or 1440p @ 60fps. Has anyone got an Xbox One X? And if so what is the best settings?

Started playing this yesterday and its bloomin hard work on your own. Just made it out of the ancient forrest and some giant monster absolutely battered me. Any tips on improving weapons and armour?

During the story don't be worried about upgrading your equipment as soon as you can, there's no need to horde the materials at all, if forging a new piece of armour or upgrading a weapon is possible you should pretty much do it. You'll always get better material and gear as you progress through the game.

Been playing a cracking little indie survival game, "The flame in the flood" it's only £4 on the PSN store and well worth a few hours if you're looking for something to play

Just played an invite to Sea of Thieves for the last 24 hrs. I don't get too excited about video games at my age. Been there since the spectrum and vic20 days.

This game is special and sooo much fun. RARE back with a bang. Preordered 2 copies today.

Cant wait for 20th March.

Had to refund my Monster Hunter as the second area refused to load and there were huge frame rate drops when playing online.

I swapped it for Kingdom Come deliverance which is an absolutely fantastic RPG. I'd honestly recommend it to anyone.

Had to refund my Monster Hunter as the second area refused to load and there were huge frame rate drops when playing online.

I swapped it for Kingdom Come deliverance which is an absolutely fantastic RPG. I'd honestly recommend it to anyone.

I always watch the game being played on Twitch to see the real game play and that kingdom Come did look good but the actual game play looked slow unlike the Witcher and Skyrim! Am I wrong? Because I love RPG games.

I always watch the game being played on Twitch to see the real game play and that kingdom Come did look good but the actual game play looked slow unlike the Witcher and Skyrim! Am I wrong? Because I love RPG games.

I've played 10 hours now and it's a very slow burner but one which is so vast with depth and detail. There's a huge learning curve, but the game is an incredible one. You start off with genuinely nothing, and you have to ensure your character has had enough food and sleep else his stamina and health will deteriorate. It's a very well balanced system but yeah it takes a long time to get accustomed to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.