Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

I see people are having a debate on Danilo so before I start I'd like to say I personally don't rate him but today going forward he tried more & did more than anybody else.

I can't get my head round what happened tonight. All the passion from Pep & the players in the tunnel and on the touchline screams we wanted to win. On the pitch it looked like we were happy to get knocked out of this one. A few things had me thinking like how did Walker not catch Grigg? it honestly looked like he & Laporte slowed up when he got closer to goal. Why did Pep not throw Diaz or Foden on for Stones or somebody at 1-0 while we was looking for a goal? Or when we got a flurry of corners at the end why not throw Kompany on for Bernado? It's like he was happy to go out? Also Aguero went missing again. I know people will have a go at me for saying it but he did.

Me thinks that Pep might get a ban. In the tunnel at half time, Pep was giving everyone a go.....................

Apart from that, it appeared our lads all seemed to be playing to try and protect themselves from getting injured in advance of Sunday. Apart from when Kev came on, they just appeared to be in training mode, assuming that they would thread through the perfect pass to Kun and it would all be over. They way Pep wants to play is amazing and most of the time, astonishing to watch but he must recognise that games against all lower divisions and especially in cup games, are going to get dirty. I think he should have started with most of the youngsters to give them a run out and unless Yaya was injured, should have also started him. If we got through, then great but otherwise, good experience for the younger players.

I actually can’t believe what I just watched. How have we lost that?

I personally don’t think it was a red, crazy goal to concede with an incredible finish which was made to look easy and those Wigan players just blocked everything. They are shit and they beat us every time.

The joke is, Im guesding most of us who saw Taylor was ref were literally waiting for him to take his opportunity to shaft us and he didn't let us down. Its not even subtle but us City fans just seem to take it.

Don't really think you can fault the players they just didn't have their shooting boots on. It was literally 'one of those day's' and we haven't had many this season.

The bigger blow for me is the loss of Delph for three games. Zinchenko has been impressive, but the next three are huge games and it's a huge ask for a young makeshift left back. His naivety could cost us.

Could we not play Stones or Laporte there?

Me thinks that Pep might get a ban. In the tunnel at half time, Pep was giving everyone a go.....................

Apart from that, it appeared our lads all seemed to be playing to try and protect themselves from getting injured in advance of Sunday. Apart from when Kev came on, they just appeared to be in training mode, assuming that they would thread through the perfect pass to Kun and it would all be over. They way Pep wants to play is amazing and most of the time, astonishing to watch but he must recognise that games against all lower divisions and especially in cup games, are going to get dirty. I think he should have started with most of the youngsters to give them a run out and unless Yaya was injured, should have also started him. If we got through, then great but otherwise, good experience for the younger players.

So everyone is seen arguing on camera and you think Pep will cop a ban?

Thats Delph, Kun and now Pep.

Anymore for anymore???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.