Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

Don't like bringing up the past,as many know,it's not been the best.
I remember the days when I thought that not getting relegated,maybe a draw at the swamp and beating the ****s at Maine Road was a good season for me.
Now we have a thread asking if we only win the title,will it be regarded as a failure,that's not a dig at the OP.
Currently we are the team in Europe,not just England,that every other fucker wants to avoid including Barca,PSG,Bayern and Madrid.
LET THAT SINK IN........

Just the premier league title?......I'll take it every season.

No not a failure personally I'd have been more than happy with the league at the start of the season BUT I also don't think this side is an ordinary title winning side. Given the winning run and incredible football the teams efforts to date deserve more recognition at the end of the season. The league alone won't give them it and football can be harsh that way. Really hoping that this side can deliver something more , not for us as fans but as an incredible team they deserve that recognition, as does Pep.

No not a failure personally I'd have been more than happy with the league at the start of the season BUT I also don't think this side is an ordinary title winning side. Given the winning run and incredible football the teams efforts to date deserve more recognition at the end of the season. The league alone won't give them it and football can be harsh that way. Really hoping that this side can deliver something more , not for us as fans but as an incredible team they deserve that recognition, as does Pep.

Sums up my thoughts.

If we look at winning the title as being a failure, we have become far more like the vermin, than I feel comfortable with.

Not in the slightest for me given the way in which we have dominated so far. Pep's style of football has been completely vindicated to those who said it couldn't work in England and this side has played the most attractive and entertaining football of any City team (and imho any PL team) in my lifetime. That alone is something to be proud of and going out of the cup could give us the extra boost to ensure we go on and beat the points and goals record for the league which would be a tremendous achievement.

Not at all! Watch it. Drink it in. We all know the days of old. We should still pinch ourselves as to how far we’ve come.

Posted this in the rag thread,just have a little think.

So far this season I've seen City score 4 in 7 games,5 in 3,6 in 1 and 7 in 1.
I've seen Napoli and Feyenoord destroyed in their own backyard,I've seen the Rags and Chelsea given a footballing lesson in their own backyards.
I've seen a complete destruction of Liverpool,Spuds and Arsenal at the Etihad along with numerous hammering's home and away.
Think it's a total of 111 goals across all comps.
I've seen record after record be broken and possibly more to come.
I've seen us reach 1 final so far,and run away with the league and should be crowned champions.
I've seen some of the most breathtaking football I've ever seen,with some of the finest individual performances.

The rags highlight?????.... Wigan beating City.

The league is the main priority each and every season, winning it is a brilliant season and anything else is a bonus. This team deserves more, whether it happens or not who knows but if we finish the season with the same work rate and desire we’ve shown so far I will be more than happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.