Today's shooting in America thread

Nope. The watershed moment should have happened years ago, long before Trump came in. No surprise that he's being castigated here, when the fact is that long before he was on the scene America had nutters shooting up schools, and long after he's gone it'll happen.

America has a fascination with guns, and I can't see it ending any time soon. The White House quite obviously can do fuck all about it, as has been proven by successive wankers in the post.
I agree. That’s why I said nothing will happen anytime soon. It will take the future generation of voters to make it clear gun control is a topic that will drive them to vote. That’s why I hope the action these kids are taking will stay with them.

I agree. That’s why I said nothing will happen anytime soon. It will take the future generation of voters to make it clear gun control is a topic that will drive them to vote. That’s why I hope the action these kids are taking will stay with them.
Yep. However, some other news story will come along and it'll be forgotten. Nothing will come close to Columbine, yet fuck all happened. That was the watershed moment, but they didn't care, and it happens again.

Yep. However, some other news story will come along and it'll be forgotten. Nothing will come close to Columbine, yet fuck all happened. That was the watershed moment, but they didn't care, and it happens again.
Sadly I suspect you are correct.

I know in the USA guard jobs are often given to chaps who are not the sharpest tools just to give them a job. For example we had a local copper who went around on his bike and was a lovely man but slightly simple. If the shit went down no chance would i look to him to help, a lovely chap but not crisis material. These guys are a deterrent really. All the ex special forces guys go into the secret service or other high end LEA positions. Most of these cop guards are local lads whose dad or mum has had a word with the local mayor to basically get Jimmy jr a job.

If you look on YouTube there are loads of videos from US News shows where security guards - their employers - the institutions that engage them get sued because of some minimum wage security guard pulls a gun and terrifies people over minor incidents ( one was damaging I plastic traffic cone that I saw ) - the lad in question had no accreditation, no training and was not licensed to carry any firearms issued to him by his employer. This idea that there is an Army of Rambo's at the school gates and these pupils were let down because they had the crap one is just nonsense used to muddy the waters and deflect the argument

What a fucking moron. Stroll into maths and your teacher looks like Rambo/Arnie/Bruce Willis rolled into one. No more names on the board for being naughty, it’s a gun to the head.

Thing with that Trump video is you can see how he is just winging it - the 20% figure is plucked out of thin air for starters - nothing to back it up but why not 20% - its a number. Fucking idiot of a man !!

Now let me think - wasn't President Kennedy surrounded by gun carrying security?
President Reagan? John Lennon?
What about the case of Brenda Spencer, who has been incarcerated for nearly 40 years?
A person armed with a blade or an axe has to get close to their target in a way that a gunman doesn't.
Whilst guns exist no one is 100% safe and the more guns there are, the less safe anyone is.

We often disagree on here but you’re bang on.

Trump is a fucking **** and his comments this week are disgusting.

This bloke will suffer for the rest of his life, if not in his own head through other people calling him a coward probably.

The disgraceful NRA will scapegoat him as much as they possibly can.

I’ve just seen an interview with some kids who survived, some of which have an entire week of funerals to attend and they didn’t even criticise or condemn the guard.

Yet some fat orange **** who has never been in that situation and dodged draft several times during Vietnam has gone after him. Not that I’m against people who would have dodged draft then but it’s the hypocrisy of it all.

The guy should have gone in but it’s understandable why he didn’t. Those calling him a coward will have never had to do the same or been in a life or death situation.

The blame lies with the **** who did it and the ridiculous right to bear arms law that has absolutely no need in 21st century America.

There’s nothing wrong with disagreeing as you know. Life would be boring as fuck if we all agreed in everything. Talking to people you disagree with forces you to ask yourself, what the fuck am I actually arguing about here? Sometimes it makes us think or rethink our position. If we didn’t speak to people who have a difference of opinion who could articulate it, we would still be chucking rocks at the moon.

Beliefs can’t change facts, but facts can and should change beliefs. Listen to cunts, is my motto. No obligation to agree and try not to gonin a huff when people don’t.

bda3ae0e4727b7e0ffc766c49242fb5d.jpg

I like this

There’s nothing wrong with disagreeing as you know. Life would be boring as fuck if we all agreed in everything. Talking to people you disagree with forces you to ask yourself, what the fuck am I actually arguing about here? Sometimes it makes us think or rethink our position. If we didn’t speak to people who have a difference of opinion who could articulate it, we would still be chucking rocks at the moon.

Beliefs can’t change facts, but facts can and should change beliefs. Listen to cunts, is my motto. No obligation to agree and try not to gonin a huff when people don’t.

Are you calling me a ****?

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.