Today's shooting in America thread

Trump castigated him in his rambling, incoherent, totally insane speech today. The guy has resigned. I wouldn’t be surprised if he tops himself. Blame a poor count who didn’t have what it takes to face down an assault rifle. It’s eaay to berate him and we would all like to believe we would have gone in there. Maybe most of us would, but, some people, through no fault of their own, don’t have that in them.

Everybody isn’t brave in that way. He probably thought he was until it happened. I feel sorry for him. I hope he gets help. The poor **** is going to need it.

It wasn’t his fault that prick did what he did. To put blame on him deflects from the real reason it happens.

We often disagree on here but you’re bang on.

Trump is a fucking **** and his comments this week are disgusting.

This bloke will suffer for the rest of his life, if not in his own head through other people calling him a coward probably.

The disgraceful NRA will scapegoat him as much as they possibly can.

I’ve just seen an interview with some kids who survived, some of which have an entire week of funerals to attend and they didn’t even criticise or condemn the guard.

Yet some fat orange **** who has never been in that situation and dodged draft several times during Vietnam has gone after him. Not that I’m against people who would have dodged draft then but it’s the hypocrisy of it all.

The guy should have gone in but it’s understandable why he didn’t. Those calling him a coward will have never had to do the same or been in a life or death situation.

The blame lies with the **** who did it and the ridiculous right to bear arms law that has absolutely no need in 21st century America.

So trump says an armed teacher would “have shot the hell out of the gunman”. Ok let’s say he’s does, but how many kids have still been shot before this? This doesn’t stop kids getting shot. It just has a chance of reducing the body count.
And it won’t act as a deterrent as nearly all shooters go in Knowing full well they have a very good chance of not coming out alive.

Nothing is going to change anytime soon, I just hope the watershed moment has been reached with these kids and they keep their momentum into adulthood so they will have the power to make policy change a valuable item on the election agenda.

Last edited:
So trump says an armed teacher would “have shot the hell out of the gunman”. Ok let’s say he’s does, but how many kids have still been shot before this? This doesn’t stop kids getting shot. It just has a chance of reducing the body count.
And it won’t act as a deterrent as nearly all shooters go in Knowing full well they have a very good chance of not coming out alive.

Nothing is going to change anytime soon, I just hope the watershed moment has been reached with these kids and they keep their momentum into adulthood so they will have the power to make policy change a valuable item on the election agenda.
Or maybe the guy with the assault rifle who has the element of surprise on his side kills the teacher then takes the gun and uses it to shoot more kids...

But good ol' Cadet Bonespurs is an expert on live shooter situations and he's gonna tell everybody what to do.

Or maybe the guy with the assault rifle who has the element of surprise on his side kills the teacher then takes the gun and uses it to shoot more kids...

But good ol' Cadet Bonespurs is an expert on live shooter situations and he's gonna tell everybody what to do.
I thought Of that also ;)

Nope. The watershed moment should have happened years ago, long before Trump came in. No surprise that he's being castigated here, when the fact is that long before he was on the scene America had nutters shooting up schools, and long after he's gone it'll happen.

America has a fascination with guns, and I can't see it ending any time soon. The White House quite obviously can do fuck all about it, as has been proven by successive wankers in the post.

Someone on Twitter pointed out you would not want to be the teacher holding a gun when the Swat team arrived.
There are so many bad possibilities that there’s no universe where this is a good idea.
Instead of coming up with all these alternative options, just do the easiest and eliminate sale of assault rifles? baby steps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.