Guardiola fined £20,000 for wearing yellow ribbon (p140)

I have a friend who is from Barcelona. He told me to try and rig the vote Spanish authorities had brought in a number of cruise ships stuffed with pro Spanish supporters who then voted in the independence election.

I have a friend who is from Barcelona. He told me to try and rig the vote Spanish authorities had brought in a number of cruise ships stuffed with pro Spanish supporters who then voted in the independence election.
Well they still only managed 8% ‘No’.

Of course it’s democratic as it involved and was open to all people in that region.

Just like the English, Welsh and Northern Irish didn’t get a vote on the Scottish Independence referendum or the rest of the EU didn’t get a say in UK independence from the EU. That’s how these things work. The referendum was to gauge the feelings of those living in the region and had no legal validity. It was a large opinion poll. It was the Madrid government that decided to make the poll illegal. Something which wouldn’t have happened in the UK or the rest of the EU.

in UK, David Cameron gave permission to the Scottish referendum without consulting the rest of the country. The parliament agreed, and it looks like the rest of the country agreed, there were no voices against. Fine.

in Spain, the rules are clear, the call for self-determination is not contemplated in the constitution (like all the countries in the world with a modern constitution), Mariano Rajoy and the parliament can't give permission without reforming the constitution. And reforming the constitution should go through a referendum where all Spain is involved. What is more democratic? I don't know, but I wouldn't call the spanish way non-democratic.

And by the way, about Scotland, I consider them to be independent these days as they were give the right to self-determination by Cameron when he approved the vote. they are sovereign, that is the definition of being independent. They've just decided to stick to the british rules for a while, till the next referendum

8wcrxg.jpg

And have been blocked by the constitutional courts at every instance to keep the status quo
For a reform to take place just have to agree a 60% of the parliament. And if 10% of the parliament is opposed, then it will go almost totally sure to a referendum where all the citizens in Spain will vote.

For a reform to take place just have to agree a 60% of the parliament. And if 10% of the parliament is opposed, then it will go almost totally sure to a referendum where all the citizens in Spain will vote.

You are talking about parliament, I am on avout the constitutional courts blockong constitutional amendments.

And the EU and UN maintain that the right to self determination is a key tenet of democracy and individual’s human right:

http://eu-un.europa.eu/eu-presidency-statement-the-right-to-self-determination/
for oppressed and colonised regions
You are talking about parliament, I am on avout the constitutional courts blockong constitutional amendments.

obviously such an important change it won't be just an amendment, it will be a reform. And they are blocked, is based on the rules

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.