League Cup Final - Post Match Thread

I haven't heard the commentary but at the game I thought Arsenal were garbage. As indeed were we first half. So, if he is saying Arsenal were crap then he is spot on surely? They were?

They were but never heard him rip into any team like that, it’s dawning on him ....

Kev is right about it being a totally different team now. I saw a photograph on either Instagram or Twitter of the 2016 Capital One cup winning squad and of the 15 players in the photo only 6 are still with us.

What’s most pleasing is how we rooted out the right players to leave and kept the best 6. Our squad development has been really outstanding in the last couple of years - yet Txiki still gets shit!

Just got back home from Wembley - about to view the recording. Watching Vinnie score and celebrate - beyond words. We didn't quite play the game Arsenal were expecting - maybe/maybe not by design. Doesn't matter. We won and cruised it.

The patches of empty Arsenal seats (when everyone was in the ground) was embarrassing for them - they couldn't sell their allocation. Before kick off we were a wall of noisy blue and white flags. What made this feel surreal and monumental was the fact that we beat Arsenal (albeit a struggling Arsenal). Will never forget the sight of Vinnie scoring and the emotion pouring out of him - and the emotional response of the fans. Chokes up hardened men - he has that effect. Colossal guy.

Last edited:
I saw a photograph on either Instagram or Twitter of the 2016 Capital One cup winning squad and of the 15 players in the photo only 6 are still with us.
Fittingly though three of them scored.

Trophies in 2011 FA, 2012 PL, 2014 PL/LC, 2016 LC, and 2018 LC/?, and two of those three have been here the whole time, and played in all our finals, the third in all the other finals, but they are about to hand over to a new guard, which may take us to a whole new level, its hard to believe it.

Fittingly though three of them scored.

Trophies in 2011 FA, 2012 PL, 2014 PL/LC, 2016 LC, and 2018 LC/?, and two of those three have been here the whole time, and played in all our finals, the third in all the other finals, but they are about to hand over to a new guard, which may take us to a whole new level, its hard to believe it.

All those trophies and still the media give us a hard time. Keep em coming guys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.