League Cup Final - Post Match Thread

Watching the highlights today and was surprised that Arsenal’s best chances came from a long ball pumped upfield. Not seen them play like that before and wasn’t sure whether it was a tactic? It felt like we were playing Leicester without the energy!

Yes it was superb, when I saw the queue thought it would take ages but soon on the tube. Compare this to the metro demonstrates how shocking it is but I know that’s a different thread :)
I have been reminded of how bad the metro is these past few days.

That said, if you ever want to truly experience a world class level of incompetently managed transit system, visit Boston (USA) and try using the T to get anywhere in the city.

I likely won’t be there much longer now but I plan to send their transit authority a rather detailed email about what they can learn from London (and Manchester, in some cases) before I go. And we haven’t even made it to Amsterdam yet, which will put things into even clearer perspective. Copying one of their higher level managers whom I know through some acquaintances for effect.

Decent 1st half followed by the 2nd half where we played like we have been doing most of the time this season. It was us who made Arsenal look poor, a misread by loads of media and pundits who couldn’t stop criticising Arsenal how poor they were when in fact we have made lots of top teams look poor.

Anyone who had doubts about Kompany and Bravo had to eat their words. In case of Kompany maybe they had a better case than Bravo who has been top in every single League Cup game this season. And even an assist ... fantastic and he fully deserved it.

Also having all of Sergio, Kompany and Silva on the scoresheet made this final ever so special. Including young Phil Foden making his Wembley debut and winning his medal.

Let’s hope it’s the start of many more prizes under Pep. And let’s hope the squad will know it’ll be a completely different affaire vs Arsenal at their place. But rest assure, Ederson will be in goal and maybe Kompany gets rested for Chelsea.

One thing is a certainty, Pep will wear his yellow ribbon unless the people in jail are to be released for doing ...nowt?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.