Arsenal (a) pre-match thread (Game given go ahead 1350hrs)

Arsenal v City prediction

• Win

Votes: 273 70.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 86 22.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 27 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be sweet to smash them twice in a week.

Good to see Kompany noting the win against Liverpool in the 2016 league cup final followed by a 3-0 defeat to them in the league, shows we are aware of what can happen.

Ederson
Otamendi Kompany Laporte
Walker De Bruyne Gundogan Silva Zinchenko
Aguero Jesus

3-0 City.

Ederson
Otamendi Kompany Laporte
Walker De Bruyne Gundogan Silva Zinchenko
Aguero Jesus

3-0 City.

Be interesting to try 3 at the back, but I wouldn’t change formation for this one. I also would save Kompany for Chelsea.

Wilshere is a spineless little cnut. Diving around like there’s a sniper in the crowd and crying for cards.
Put VK in a holding midfield position & Arsenal will want to come onto us and prove Sunday was a one off. The gaps will open and as long as we move the ball quickly, we will be successful.

---------------------Ederson
--------Stones Otamendi Laporte
Walker-------------------------------------Danilo
--------------silva KDB Bernardo
-----------------Aguero Jesus

Subs; Bravo, Kompany, Zinchenko, Foden, Gundogan, Sterling, Sane,

We can afford to take risks in the league thanks to our form thus far, it will be useful to see if we can play against a decent side a different way and will be good preparation for if were missing fernandinho in bigger champions league games.

No need to risk Kompany when we've got enough options there now, save him for Chelsea.
Danilo ahead of zinchenko purely on pace to get up and down all game and to his credit he was very good in the final.
Like to see Bernardo in the middle for once ahead of Gundogan to see what he can do when he's not completely predictable.
Sane doesn't need to play again after only just coming back from injury, he can replace jesus after an hour or so when he starts to tire.

Hope we smash them,I would love to see the meltdown at Arse, this club is rapidly climbing up my hate list.
If Wenger thinks Aguero fouled Mustafi before his goal, Firminho must have crippled Stones at Anfield.

Wilshere is a spineless little cnut. Diving around like there’s a sniper in the crowd and crying for cards.
Put VK in a holding midfield position & Arsenal will want to come onto us and prove Sunday was a one off. The gaps will open and as long as we move the ball quickly, we will be successful.
Him and diver Delle must secretly train together at some private swimming pool

Wilshere's note is great news for us.

It shows that instead of accepting responsibility for being really poor, they've blamed external factors and bad luck.No one improves themselves by shirking responsibility, so it's difficult to imagine Arsenal are currently working 110% to fix the deep rooted issues that caused them to be outclassed. You simply don't do that unless you accept you're at fault.

I'm sure they will be motivated to "put things right", but without accepting culpability for the defeat they won't change anything significant. If I were Pep I'd tell the players to prepare for some dirty challenges, tell them to go down easily and make sure it doesn't become a game where Arsenal's revenge tackles will be pass unpunished as it's "just that kind of physical, free flowing game".

Wilshere also a prime candidate to get sent off, he completely lost his head on Sunday and I imagine at home trying to make amends he'll be even more stupid. He thinks his attitude and #passion is a good thing, but it's not, he was more focused on complaining to the referee than playing football at Wembley and getting booked for sarcastic applause told you everything. Didn't get booked for trying to win the ball back when the team were being humiliated, or stopping an attack before they were 3-0 down, too busy whinging.

Last edited:
DW-4QImWsAAkjo7.jpg

Awwwww bless him. To be honest, I thought the first goal was a foul. But fuck them, they robbed us in the fa cup semi final last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.