Basel (H) Post Match Thread

Good crowd tonight. I know it was a dead rubber but fuck me that was boring. Nobody wanted to pass the fucker forwards.

Well, I’m not going to read to every BS post about players, especially certain individuals, not performing to the standards of Silva and KDB, but I will say that some people really do need to look at themselves. We just cruised into the QFs without any injuries, any bookings to key players, and all I’m reading is “what a shitshow!”

Get a grip...or go try being a Spurs fan for an evening!

Well, apart from the experience a group of young players got, and the good run out against a half way decent team, and 90 minutes int9 the legs of the likes of our two CBs, Foden, Jesus, I guess you’re right...no positive take aways from a dead rubber CL game.

Thank god we haven’t lost too many games this season, otherwise the Manchester Suicide Hotline would be overwhelmed.

Pep will use this as an excellent teaching moment, which is what it was. Nobody likes to lose, but when you can play all your squad players, get good minutes into some very young youngsters in a Champions League Round of 16 game, you HAVE TO see positives.

Put it this way...Spurs only needed to draw less than 2-2, they put out their absolute best team, and couldn’t pull it off. We just strolled into the CL QF (top 8 teams in Europe) with 9 changes to the team.

Context is everything.

True but Pep will not be happy with that performance (credit for Basle for having a go and you can see from both legs why they have beaten a few Premier League clubs over the years in the Champions League).

First time this season the team looked like they couldn't be arsed. Not great to watch when we're playing at home, no matter what the aggregate score.

A lot of the attendees only go to games where the cost is lower and they often get short changed with selections and performances like this.

Glad I gave it a swerve. Should have lumped on Basel at 12-1. Probably 40-1 when we scored.

Good experience for the younger ones and a game for Jesus but nothing else to rave about.

It's like dozens of blues waiting months to complain and tonight is their night.

Enjoy yourselves you won't have many opportunities going forward.

Say it as I see it fookin awful.

Zinchenko not good enough or quick enough & easily brushed off the ball.

Yaya thanks for the memories but time to leave

Stones has gone to the dogs simply lacking confidence & won't carry the ball

Jesus scored but was very poor

Felt sorry for Foden as never got service or help from Gundagun or Yaya

Bernardo & Sane only ones for me who were ok.

Those who wanted to prove a point have shot themselves in the foot

Hey where through let's move on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.