Singing section/Atmosphere

One of the worst ever tonight. Not a peep from anyone in any section all night.

Fair play to the Basle fans for keeping it up , but to me its monotonous and just seems like making a noise for the sake of it , rather than atmosphere .
To me a good atmosphere reflects whats happening on the pitch ... ooh eeh ooh eeh ooh...ooh eeh ooh eeh aah ... for an hour does nothing to gee the players up , because in the end it just becomes background noise , like crickets or a fly in your ear ...
A drum probably would be a good thing though , because with a decent drummer it rallies the troops and gives the crowd a momentum...
That type of singing is exactly the word you used monotonous.

They’re always fun to hear in the first ten minutes these fans but then they just become very fucking annoying!. The drum starts to get under your skin and irritate the fuck out if you and the boring fucking songs they all have... it’s actually just pretty shite.

Good colour, good effort, good flares, good navy coats, all had a scarf, good banners..... shit songs, shit drum, completely unoriginal, same old shit as the Germans, choreographed dancing, shirts off, barely a word in sight; “oooohh” “oaoaah” “woaahah” “aaahhh” “deeerrr” “derrrrder” “ole ole”s “lalalala” - what a load of old shite!

What didn’t help though is that we were worse than terrible in the stands though. I think too many of our fans are in awe of all these unoriginal chumps around Europe who come here. I reckon they want to be like them, rather than a decent traditional English atmosphere lead set of fans. A proper traditional English atmosphere, see any derby match from Newcastle-Sunderland/Everton-Liverpool/City-United, are so much better than this orchestrated bollocks. Our fans just have to be brave enough to get it going over the drum lead shite but we never do.

I thought our singing fans tried but to be fair to them were drowned out by the continuous noise of the away fans.
C.T.I.D
It’s like putting a little Bose speaker next to a big sound system from a gig though.

Rubber stamps again why the Singing Section is in completely the wrong place!

you will never get a good atmosphere until standing comes back. singing whilst sitting down makes people feel daft and if you stand up someone will complain and the stewards will be on your case. bring back terraces and it will be fine

That type of singing is exactly the word you used monotonous.

They’re always fun to hear in the first ten minutes these fans but then they just become very fucking annoying!. The drum starts to get under your skin and irritate the fuck out if you and the boring fucking songs they all have... it’s actually just pretty shite.

Good colour, good effort, good flares, good navy coats, all had a scarf, good banners..... shit songs, shit drum, completely unoriginal, same old shit as the Germans, choreographed dancing, shirts off, barely a word in sight; “oooohh” “oaoaah” “woaahah” “aaahhh” “deeerrr” “derrrrder” “ole ole”s “lalalala” - what a load of old shite!

What didn’t help though is that we were worse than terrible in the stands though. I think too many of our fans are in awe of all these unoriginal chumps around Europe who come here. I reckon they want to be like them, rather than a decent traditional English atmosphere lead set of fans. A proper traditional English atmosphere, see any derby match from Newcastle-Sunderland/Everton-Liverpool/City-United, are so much better than this orchestrated bollocks. Our fans just have to be brave enough to get it going over the drum lead shite but we never do.

This is a Clarkie, right? Deary me!

So you want 19 derbies at home every season to create a proper PL atmosphere as opposed to a continental atmosphere? Sorry, not going to happen.

Put it this way. I'd rather have 2000 Basel fans instead of 50,000 PL fans, tourists and day trippers creating an atmosphere.

Perhaps the Basel players had similar thoughts to yours about the Basel fans when they went over to them after the final whitsle, giving them their shirts applauding them, thanking them, and joining in with the chants. It must be utterly dreadful for a player to have support and backing like that for 90 minutes????

On the plus side, it's the derby at home next. You'll get your proper (PL) atmosphere............. Hopefully?

Atmosphere will always be shit when half our season ticket holders cant be arsed to turn up for these games and are happy to give up their seats to tourists. Hardly any league regulars around me.. that said I’m in the family stand level 2 so most of these absentees were’nt missed noise wise!

I admire what the 1894 lads are trying to do but put quite simply a group of 30/40 on the front rows of the first tier getting songs going isnt going to work agaisnt a choreographed group of away fans, especially when the rest of the South Stand cant hear / cant be arsed joining in with the songs.

Personal opinion, possibly for the next champions league game, the 1894 group should ask the club for a group of seats in the 3rd tier of the South Stand (still next to the away fans so they can stand), sound travels miles better up there and when songs get going properly the full tier tends to join in, if 30 or 40 lads were there to start them and get the atmosphere going I think the rest of the ground would follow

Lots of people including myself moan about the atmosphere. The reality is though ,is that it's getting worse every season now. The south stand May aswell not even be there. The so called kippax corner, where most people used to sing - they've all just disappeared. Most of the rest of the ground don't even look like they want to be there.

We need to rethink our entire ground seating plan and create a proper home end. We also need fans to actually start singing again. All Basel had last night was a few hundred at the front starting chants.... If 115 and 116 sang we'd ousting them. It's not just last night though, we are being outsu g by a few hundred fans most games now. It's a myth that having away fans create atmosphere in our end,

Even the roar when we attack or get a corner isn't there anymore. Moan over :)

Atmosphere will always be shit when half our season ticket holders cant be arsed to turn up for these games and are happy to give up their seats to tourists. Hardly any league regulars around me.. that said I’m in the family stand level 2 so most of these absentees were’nt missed noise wise!

That wouldn't have made any difference. It's worse in league games. Vast numbers of season ticket holders go out of habit and rarely sing. I've actually enjoyed cup games more as people who can't maybe afford to regularly go and try and get behind the team ( the opposite of league games )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.