Breaking records/stats thread

I hope so.

We should really be breaking 100 points. That would be a pretty big milestone and also a massive psychological blow to would be challengers. If we end the season OK, drop a bunch of points because we're rotating for the CL or resting people, we might win the league by 12 points over Liverpool. Those Liverpool players will know they can be 12 points better, easily. Just keeping Karius, having VVD for a whole season and Naby Keita arriving might do that.

Now imagine if we keep up the standards we've set already...get 103 points. We probably win the league by 20 points. The biggest winning margin in the history of English football, 20+ points ahead of Liverpool, maybe closer to 30 points ahead of Spurs and United. Those teams will spend all summer knowing they can't reach that. Like so many teams in the second half of this season, they'll be beaten before the ball is kicked because they won't believe they can match that.

Chelsea finished 15 points ahead of us last season. It didn't matter one bit on us this season. All teams start from zero, and players and managers are professional enough not to carry past season's deficits forward. Prioriting the CL and giving chance to academy players is more important than some extra points gap.

He has, Kompany I meant to have copied. Updated.

Yaya
Mendy
Laporte
Kompany
Foden
Diaz
Stones
Walker
Zinchenko
Ederson...

Can 6 score??

I knew I hadn't made it up, was a rocket too wasn't it. I think once we see the league wrapped up we may see a few more scorers in Foden, Diaz, Stones and Laporte as they get more game time. Kompany too. Zinchenko doesn't seem scared to shoot, can't see Yaya or Mendy bagging though

I knew I hadn't made it up, was a rocket too wasn't it. I think once we see the league wrapped up we may see a few more scorers in Foden, Diaz, Stones and Laporte as they get more game time. Kompany too. Zinchenko doesn't seem scared to shoot, can't see Yaya or Mendy bagging though

Depending on how soon he gets back Mendy does have an absolute cannon of a left leg

Only scored 1 for Monaco in that great season.. 11 assists though! Played 39 games.
Didn't say he scored a lot mate! Just that i remember him hitting the crossbar/a defender earlier this season and hit it hard as fuck. He doesn't shoot much as he stays wide to provide crosses

Competition levels in the squad are about to go through the roof. Jesus is back from injury, Sané is back in form, Gundogan and Bernardo have hit their stride and Mendy is returning. With no domestic cup games left, every league game we have after sealing the title is going to be an audition to get a starting spot in the next CL game. Not to mention players trying to earn starts in the world cup.
didn't look like that on Wednesday night v Basel

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.