CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Away goals are going to be so important and will decide this one.

Draw or better at Anfield and we are through imo.

Bring it on. City are the biggest club in England right NOW. Playing against the other big teams to win League Titles and European Cups.

THIS is what it is all about. THIS was the plan since the take over. Pep and his brand of football is absolutely ideal for this. The team will be playing to win every single game v Everton, Liverpool, rag, Liverpool and Spurs.

Not typical City. Not parking a bus and hoping to sneak a 0-0 or 1-0 like the boring old has been quiet neighbours.

Playing to WIN. Glory beckons.

I had a similar discussion with a friend of mine regarding hockey years ago. I kept saying that during a playoff series that one team was unlucky and the games were close because they were all ending with one goal difference but the team losing was getting more chances and always looked just about ready to change it. He had played for years professionally (though not top level) and said, the difference between hitting the pipes and going in is usually further than you think it is. Having a lot of shots that go wide, doesn't make it a quality chance. Even though I was caught on the stats of the situation, he correctly stated that the game was never in doubt.

Once Barca was up 1-0 nill after a couple minutes, they simply adjusted better. The shots that looked like they were close were almost as well hit as they could have been under the circumstance. Did you ever feel that Barca was in trouble? I didn't. They controlled the action from the start even without the ball and made the most of their opportunities. We've had a lot of occasions this year that we completely dominated play and came out 1 or 2 goals on top. I've watched Barca play 10 or so times this year. They are in full control but rarely look as imperious in their play as our guys do regularly.

Part of the fun of all of this is that we can watch the same match and come out of it with completely different view points of what was going on during play. And we can both be right, because it is just our opinions based on what we are looking for.

Phoenix or Storm ? :)

Tough draw, dont like them but no denying it. We freeze there for league games so a CL game will be a bit of a nightmare but don't lose by more than 1 and I'd back us to see them off at home.

Oh and please don't start Raheem at Anfield, Pep. It doesn't work, never has.

A lot of people are worried about the run of games... let’s not forget though where our players currently are:

We have no game this weekend.

Liverpool have a Prem game this weekend! They are also struggling to hold onto their top 4 position and have Everton away in the Prem in between playing us.

In reality we might not even have to win another Prem game to win the league! Liverpool also have to travel to Chelsea who are the team right behind them in the table.

In that table we are 21...yes, that is TWENTY ONE... points ahead of them!

Also a Swansea win this weekend and we’ll have another weekend off after that tough run of games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.