CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

In the second leg, hopefully. Part of me feels like he’ll be benched for the first leg.
Pep won't be thinking about Raheem's past Anfield experiences. He'll be focused on getting the player he's improved so much to deliver.... at Anfield. What about Bernardo anyway - now becoming a scary scary player for opposing teams ? He will shine against the very best.

Absolutely dreading this game. The dippers will light every candle possible and make this an emotionally charged game. Wouldn’t expect anything less off them. Has to be won at their place.

If the city end is full of scousers I will be ashamed. Come out in your masses and let’s put these candle lighters to the sword.

In the second leg, hopefully. Part of me feels like he’ll be benched for the first leg.

Yeah. It seems to me hat the Anfield crowd gets inside Sterling's head. Better to leave him on the bench for the first leg & play Bernardo instead. He won't be fazed by that lot. Got to look at the bigger picture & let Razza loose at the Etihad. Do that & we'll get through. What a week we could have though - dump the dippers out of the CL & win the PL on the Saturday in between. That's the stuff dreams are made of.

If we didn't have Pep in charge I would be less confident. Behind the front three they do not have a lot. They want to press and create chances by stretching us but as ever they struggle against organised teams.

We can play 5 at the back with better personnel than the 5-0 win and they will not find it easy to break us down and we will create chances to score. Being away in the first leg is a huge help as they will be so worried about conceding so will have to try and reign in things a bit out of that fear which will help us.

We know a 2-1 loss is still a good result so have more options in the way we play the game. The second leg at home gives us a chance to show what a real atmosphere is like and we can beat anyone at home and with our record at Anfield and against Liverpool in general it is about time we got one over them and this is the time we have all been waiting for.

In any case Barca Real and Bayern would have been tougher and likelihood is the semi and final will be even more challenging so lets embrace it and as fans get behind the team and get them past Liverpool and closer to that trophy! Klopp has a good record against Pep but I think he will help us by setting them up to bottle this! They would have been desperate for the home leg second and that famous anfield atmosphere. They could have gone at us from the off at the etihad but instead have to try and keep things tight.

Sevilla showed a 0-0 at home is a great result for the home side and poor result for the away side because then just 1 goal away puts huge pressure on the home side.

If we score first at Anfield this time we will sit back and counter to protect that lead.
Do we ever deliberately sit back ? I've never seen it. Pushed back for short periods occasionally, gone to sleep once or twice, and even knocked it around at the back to draw the opposing team in - e.g. Chelsea, but never deliberately sitting back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.