United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that you never see Mouriniho and Dianne Abbott in the same room at the same time....................

just sayin'

Don't know if this was discussed earlier in the thread but as part of Mourinho's rant yesterday he's given up on next season as well -

Mourinho: "[City] were ready to win. You know what I mean? Other clubs are not ready to win. If the clubs are in a better situation than us stop investing and we invest, we are side to side. If they keep investing the same or more than us, it's difficult. It's as simple as that. It's difficult."

He's pretty much admitted there that he can't catch up.

I think the use of the word Invest rather than Spend is now making sense to him.

The media always refer to our player purchases as spend suggesting we will not get a return on that money. JM now knows different and maybe the media will come to terms with the fact that our player purchases have been investments integrated by Pep into the team that JM compares United so unfavourably with.

I wonder if the United top brass can live with his comparison statements, I think David Moyes lasted about a week after admitting City were a team he wanted to emulate.

No you are mixing him up with Matic - he was the one to free up Pogbad I assume Sanchez was brought in to free up Matic...........its more like The Colditz Story than a football club over at the swamp they are all needing to be freed.

Spat my brew out, very good ;)

I agree Ferguson saw it coming and jumped like the cowardly bully he was. I am overjoyed that "In his lifetime" we inflicted his most painful defeat, the 6-1 and also snatched the title from them in the cruellest way possible. I hope we win the title against them and continue to leave them light years behind us.

If they would have been a bit more humble in their glory years and not behaved so vilely towards us......have I mentioned the banner lol?.......then maybe, just maybe we would have shown them some mercy. As it stands there is none. I want us to crush them into smithereens and as they start to crawl away weeping for what they once had, be reassembled. Give them some hope then crush them again. Over and over for eternity.
I really, REALLY like you!

I find it strange that you never see Mouriniho and Dianne Abbott in the same room at the same time....................

just sayin'
Dianne Abbott obviously has some sense then, I wouldn't want to be in the same room as the **** either.

It's all well and good Maureen whinging about money, but no matter how much you have if a player doesn't want to play for your club there's nothing you can do about it. The bald facts are that we are currently a far better proposition than the rags, regardless of wages and add-ons.
If us and the rags went for the same player Pep would have the easiest task in getting the player to sign because we are a club on the rise. Our future is looking a bloody sight healthier than theirs. We have the best coach, the best training facilities, the best set-up and a far far better chance of future glories than they have. The swamp is rapidly becoming a dilapidated, ramshackle reminder of past glories: a crumbling edifice that serves merely to illuminate the vast differences in the relative progress of both clubs.

They are no longer the attraction they once were. Much like yesteryear when Preston North End, Burnley, Blackpool etc were the glamour clubs. The days of Nat Lofthouse, Danny Blanchflower, Sir Stanley Matthews and others were the poster boys of their day.
But those days are over. They may well return sometime in the future, who knows? But for now most of those clubs accept they've had their day in the sun and can only hope a return to the 'big time' isn't too far away. The rags are unable to grasp the concept of time and tide. To them it is still the 1980's, when Bros were in the charts, the mullet was the hairstyle of choice for many a young buck and Noel Edmonds was on live Saturday morning TV.

Like a punch-drunk boxer, flabby and out of shape, desperately trying to convince everyone he could still have a shot at the title. This is how I see the rags now. And it brings so much joy to me I feel like Sir Alistair Sim as 'Scrooge' on Christmas morning.

This all started with the takeover. I don’t mean our takeover I mean the glazer takeover. The comedy, the breakdowns, the dour football all started then. Too many incidents to list, the cracks were papered over by fergie for a while and once he realised that he could hold it together no longer, compounded with the concerning development of our Manchester City, he jumped ship to protect his legacy.

This was worth waiting 34 trophyless years for, this was worth enduring the fergie years. So blues, drink it up, savour it and just plain enjoy it, you and me all deserve it.

Eloquently put, their biggest weakness as a club is their arrogance that come what may they are United and will always come out on top. They laughed when we were taken over ‘not in my lifetime’ and ‘small club’ were the barbs from the old piss can.

A club that can turn over the money they do is built on sand, no one outside of this country respects them any more. It’s going to take a huge amount of money to get near us and they haven’t got the manager who is capable of dominating the league like Pep does.

They are just a shit more expensive Glasgow rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.