Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
In yesterday's Times, Alyson Rudd and Oliver Kay gave their answer to the question - "Who is Player of the Year - KDB or Salah?"
Guess who Rudd went for.
She doesn't even try to hide her bias.

In yesterday's Times, Alyson Rudd and Oliver Kay gave their answer to the question - "Who is Player of the Year - KDB or Salah?"
Guess who Rudd went for.

Salah could be close to getting 38 in 38 this season, from the wing.

I think he will pip Kev for POTY.

Goals willl always cloud assists.

It shouldn't be about either goals or assists. It should be about who's performed the best over a season.

I think this 'from the wing' thing needs a bit of context too, he's not an orthodox winger, he's playing more like an inside forward, he has twice the number of shots on goal than Firminio has, this is not to knock him, he's been incredible but let's acknowledge the system Liverpool play that provides more scoring chances for their wide players than their striker.

Both him and KDB would be deserved winners, not that it matters a jot in the grand scheme.

It’s not really from the wing though is it? He has license to roam pretty much anywhere between the right touchline and the penalty spot, and he’s invariably their furthest player forward when they counterattack

DeBruyne and Silva should be no's 1 & 2 in the Footballer of the Year awards, with Salah 3rd. KDB and Silva (with Fernandinho mentioned in dispatches) are quite simply the reason we are a PHENOMENAL and UNPRECEDENTED 16 points clear at the top of what is nominally the most competitive league in World Football. They dominate and conduct game after game, non-stop for 90 minutes, week after week, against the best teams in the division as well as the also rans (Kev individually utterly destroyed both Chelsea and Spurs) and their brilliance going forward is matched only by their fantastic defensive contributions. Two years ago, Kev would give up if a player went past him. Now he thinks nothing of hounding opponents to death like (and you may appreciate the reference) Ian Rush, who was the best defensive striker I've ever seen, in his pomp. Even deep into injury time the pair of them are still at it like navvies. Salah's had a brilliant season, with a fantastic scoring record, but DeBruyne in particular has been on another level entirely, elevating City to a position where we might genuinely be considered the best team on the planet. If he doesn't get the award it will be a complete travesty
Only this.

So, they have a Player of the Year voted by players, and then one by the football writers.
Is it just Prem players? As the other league's don't actually play against them.
They aren't announced together, so, give them one each. That would be fair.
Methinks however, that we win the league cup, the league and ko Liverpool out of CL, how could it possibly go to Salah?
Oh, forgot. Agenda!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the award was Player of the Year (POTY) not player of the season, and the votes were cast "Januaryish". In which case Kev should win hands down. Only problem it puts Harry Kane in the picture for the way he ended last season.

Guess who Rudd went for.

Well this is a quite divisive question now, it isn't like Salah wouldn't be deserving of the title himself, she is a city hating woman but on current form Salah would win but then again it is meant to be done and dusted by xmas isn't it ?

So, they have a Player of the Year voted by players, and then one by the football writers.
Is it just Prem players? As the other league's don't actually play against them.
They aren't announced together, so, give them one each. That would be fair.
Methinks however, that we win the league cup, the league and ko Liverpool out of CL, how could it possibly go to Salah?
Oh, forgot. Agenda!

Or Salah with 28 goals from the wing, come on man, plenty of real agenda stuff out there, like Kun never making the team of the year despite scoring 170 prem goals lol that is a fucking agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.