Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the award was Player of the Year (POTY) not player of the season, and the votes were cast "Januaryish". In which case Kev should win hands down. Only problem it puts Harry Kane in the picture for the way he ended last season.
I thought that as well but watching the debate the other night and the voting stops this month, which explains why sky have been bleating on about salah all bloody week.

DeBruyne and Silva should be no's 1 & 2 in the Footballer of the Year awards, with Salah 3rd. KDB and Silva (with Fernandinho mentioned in dispatches) are quite simply the reason we are a PHENOMENAL and UNPRECEDENTED 16 points clear at the top of what is nominally the most competitive league in World Football. They dominate and conduct game after game, non-stop for 90 minutes, week after week, against the best teams in the division as well as the also rans (Kev individually utterly destroyed both Chelsea and Spurs) and their brilliance going forward is matched only by their fantastic defensive contributions. Two years ago, Kev would give up if a player went past him. Now he thinks nothing of hounding opponents to death like (and you may appreciate the reference) Ian Rush, who was the best defensive striker I've ever seen, in his pomp. Even deep into injury time the pair of them are still at it like navvies. Salah's had a brilliant season, with a fantastic scoring record, but DeBruyne in particular has been on another level entirely, elevating City to a position where we might genuinely be considered the best team on the planet. If he doesn't get the award it will be a complete travesty

Correct.

Goals do tend to grab headlines but KDB would surely be capable of scoring tons more goals than he does if, for instance, he played Salah's role in that Liverpool team. However, KDB plays a different role and is more interested in assisting than scoring. I've said before, he passes the ball like no one else in world football and has a rare footballing intelligence.

That ex dipper bellend Kewell was quoted on Talkshite as saying "Salah shouldn't just go for POTY he should go for the Ballon Dor as well". Does the thick twat think players have to put an entry form in to win these awards? I only had Talkshite on for around an hour and was the first time in over a year I had listened to it, switched off, its appalling.

they all fkn hate us now....good i would rather be hated as a winning team than a small time second team...when in reality manchester city are the fkn team.....if your mancunian.

BBC TV local news at breakfast is a bit of a wankathon over the rags applying for a womens team to play in the WSL

It seemed to be going down the same route on the main sports bulletin, but to be fair to the girl she said "this is big news as Manchester United are one of the biggest football clubs in the world and they've come in for some very heavy criticism for not having a senior womens team, especially when just across the city you see what Manchester City have done for womens football, where the players are treated as equals with the men and share all the same facilities and coaches"

BBC TV local news at breakfast is a bit of a wankathon over the rags applying for a womens team to play in the WSL

It seemed to be going down the same route on the main sports bulletin, but to be fair to the girl she said "this is big news as Manchester United are one of the biggest football clubs in the world and they've come in for some very heavy criticism for not having a senior womens team, especially when just across the city you see what Manchester City have done for womens football, where the players are treated as equals with the men and share all the same facilities and coaches"
I was just about to comment on this but I would like to add that ourselves and Chelsea both won in the quarter finals of the champs league last night and they shown one goal for each club probably about 20 seconds between us and then spoke about scum applying for a team (to play in Salford) for about 3 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.