City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HHSM has the best architects on the planet workin on projects here.

If the right brief is delivered we will have a phenomenal new stand & stadium wrap coordinating with the fanzone & collar site.

The pavilions & facilities they are currently constructing for UAE Expo 2020 are breathtaking !!

I doubt that safe standing will be allowed initially for the whole of the North End so expect it to be across the whole of the lower level. The balance of the North End could then be the CITY Singing End with graduated pricing from front to back.

The family section could be relocated to the right hand side of the South End with the rest ,upto the away fans, being allocated to anyone & everyone else including 24 hour walk ups.

There's plenty of capacity for displaced corporates from the middle of the current South Stand.

A dedicated,supervised walk way for away fans can go from the metro to the rear & left of Summerbees & twixt the car park & the East End into the away fans car park where they can be spray fumigated before being allowed in.

Ulrika !!

Family’s moved to the south stand

Safe standing will require legislation and gov have said it's not on their agenda. FA and or Prem must G14 lobbying going now. Buy they won't.
Safe standing will be to the old kippax as non alcoholic lager is to real lager. I hope we don’t bother even trying it.

Nothing can reproduce the old Kippax (sigh), but seeing safe standing from Germany for example, I think it's worth a try. Perhaps the architects could design the structure in such a way that safe standing and full seating could be interchanged.

Everyone stands in the south stand lower now, I don't get how them standing with different seats behind them will change the atmosphere.

Everyone stands in the south stand lower now, I don't get how them standing with different seats behind them will change the atmosphere.

When you have a single tier that holds 20,000+, and parts of it start singing, the other fans will follow. Listen to Anfield tonight. 3 other stands following the 20,000+ KOP

Also, price it cheaper, and younger fans will move there. Look what United are doing on the Stretford End.

Also. As it's a safe standing tier, those who sit and are quieter, will not be there.

Fans who stand tend to sing more than fans who sit. 20,000 fans standing.

There's 4 obvious reasons.

*But I have a feeling City will just add another tier like the SS, so nothing will change.*

Last edited:
When you have a single tier that holds 20,000+, and parts of it start singing, the other fans will follow.

Also, price it cheaper, and younger fans will move there. Look what United are doing on tbe Stretford End.

Also. As it's a safe standing tier, those who sit and are quieter, will not bo there.

Fans who stand tend to sing more than fans who sit. 20,000 fans standing.

There's 4 obvious reasons.

*But I have a feeling City will just add another tier like the SS, so nothing will change.*
It's never going to happen though is it? As other posters have said south stand and singing section already stand.

It's never going to happen though is it? As other posters have said south stand and singing section already stand.

No, parts of the shallow lower tier sing, split by the away fans, level 2 corporate, and a 3rd tier. Come on lads, it's not rocket science.

But yes, it won't happen because City won't seize this last opportunity. It's all about the £, Corporate, priced blocks and rows, etc

We're being left behind by other clubs trying to improve their atmospheres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.