City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, parts of the shallow lower tier sing, split by the away fans, level 2 corporate, and a 3rd tier. Come on lads, it's not rocket science.

But yes, it won't happen because City won't seize this last opportunity. It's all about the £, Corporate, priced blocks and rows, etc

We're being left behind by other clubs trying to improve their atmospheres
It's up to the supporters to sing, and support the side. Where we are being left behind is in the stadium. Howard Bernstein is up to something (based on his appointment as an advisor to the club last year) but it might not be anything to do with ground expansion. Best hope for that is that North Stand expansion is tied into some development around the ground such as a hotel/entertainment complex.

No, parts of the shallow lower tier sing, split by the away fans, level 2 corporate, and a 3rd tier. Come on lads, it's not rocket science.

But yes, it won't happen because City won't seize this last opportunity. It's all about the £, Corporate, priced blocks and rows, etc

We're being left behind by other clubs trying to improve their atmospheres.
South stand lower do sing but it is nearly always a different song or at a different time than the singing section so it never gets going. Yes, I agree it would be great to get even 2000 singers together never mind 20000 but I don't think the one tier stand will happen in this stadium. And I'm sure we're not moving anywhere.
In my opinion most fans don't want to move to another stand, I think you would have to stop south stand and singing section from standing and put the prices up. Obviously that is not going to be popular. At the same time allow standing in the lower section of a new expanded north stand and introduce the £300 tickets for there.

It's up to the supporters to sing, and support the side. Where we are being left behind is in the stadium. Howard Bernstein is up to something (based on his appointment as an advisor to the club last year) but it might not be anything to do with ground expansion. Best hope for that is that North Stand expansion is tied into some development around the ground such as a hotel/entertainment complex.

We're being left behind by new stadium designs. Spurs and Everton are ensuring they have a large single tier behind a goal. That's what their fans want and have asked for in the consultations. They've got it. Yes, we're the Kings of corporate, but that doesn't create an atmosphere.

If the Etihad had a single NS 20,000 (safe standing) tier, do you honestly think the atmosphere wouldn't improve at the Etihad?

Perhaps you don't know? Many City fans do. I certainly do. City are very much in favour of safe standing. If and when it's introduced, City will apply for a safe standing section. Some of the many questions will be, where will it be located, and what will it's capacity be?

We're being left behind by new stadium designs. Spurs and Everton are ensuring they have a large single tier behind a goal. That's what their fans want and have asked for in the consultations. They've got it. Yes, we're the Kings of corporate, but that doesn't create an atmosphere.

If the Etihad had a single NS 20,000 (safe standing) tier, do you honestly think the atmosphere wouldn't improve at the Etihad?

Perhaps you don't know? Many City fans do. I certainly do. City are very much in favour of safe standing. If and when it's introduced, City will apply for a safe standing section. Some of the many questions will be, where will it be located, and what will it's capacity be?

Perhaps no one knows for sure, the one thing we do know is “operation one end” was a massive failure. Atsmosphere is where the away fans are. End the discussion there

South stand lower do sing but it is nearly always a different song or at a different time than the singing section so it never gets going. Yes, I agree it would be great to get even 2000 singers together never mind 20000 but I don't think the one tier stand will happen in this stadium. And I'm sure we're not moving anywhere.
In my opinion most fans don't want to move to another stand, I think you would have to stop south stand and singing section from standing and put the prices up. Obviously that is not going to be popular. At the same time allow standing in the lower section of a new expanded north stand and introduce the £300 tickets for there.

Yes, SS do sing. It will be great on Saturday. But for most home games it's been patchy and speradic, with only certain parts of it singing. The singing section has never really taken off or worked.

If City announced a future 20,000 NS safe standing expansion with affordable season tickets, it would sell out, trust me.

RE Kings of Corporate

Spurs and Everton new stadiums will have miles more corporate seats than we have.

United, Arsenal and Chelsea also currently have miles more corporate seats than we have.

Yes, SS do sing. It will be great on Saturday. But for most home games it's been patchy and speradic, with only certain parts of it singing. The singing section has never really taken off or worked.

If City announced a future 20,000 NS safe standing expansion with affordable season tickets, it would sell out, trust me.
The SS absolutely do sing, im in 115 every home game and there have been some cracking atmospheres this season. Where it falls flat i think is outside the cacoon of L1 SS, people cant hear it that well. There is the Kippax corner that sing their own stuff, SS L3 sing their own stuff and then occasionally other areas of the ground join in. 3 or 4 pockets of people all singing different songs at the same time, that just is never going to work.

imagine bringing SS L1 115/116/117 people, L3 people and kippax corner people into a single tiered safe standing area where they are all in one grouped area. That for me would make a huge difference to the atmosphere in the stadium. As it is, songs just get lost in the different sections and drowned out by the away fans.

They can't, for several reasons, one we don't have that stand built yet, and two, government legislation is required to allow safe standing, and its still not on the governments agenda, and if you're honest they have bigger things to worry about currently.

The unpalatable truth is that these days we don’t have anything like 20,000 people in the ground who want to sing.

Perhaps no one knows for sure, the one thing we do know is “operation one end” was a massive failure. Atsmosphere is where the away fans are. End the discussion there

It was always going to like that. The demographics of the SSL1 was already set. Moving x amount of singing City fans in there was never going to change it. Filling available seats with tourists or fans who don't want to sing doesn't help either. All it did was move some singers into 115, but in the process it killed 111, 110 and 109. As an experiment it hasn't worked. Let's be honest.

It is what it is ATM and for the foreseeable future. Nothing will change. A change can happen if the club get the NS expansion right. No, the Etihad will never be Napoli, Park Head, etc, but it will be a damned site better atmosphere wise than it is now, if the club listen to the fans, use their commonsense, and create a NS that 'will improve the Etihad atmosphere'.

The club aren't dead or blind to the atmosphere issues at the Etihad. They are working on it. They are working with 1894, etc. They are trying to improve the atmosphere. Fair play to them. But they have also helped to dampen the atmosphere by making changes to the Etihad to drive revenue, more corporate area's, more expensive match tickets, attracting a certain type of new City fan, etc. It is a hard balancing act. But I think they have gone too far in that direction. It's now time to go back in the other direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.