Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Yep. Just needed to stay in the game, let them close us down but pass them to death. Playing such a high line and committing so many men forward for that first goal was crazy. Liverpool were destroyed in that second half, if we were still in the game at 0-0 or 1-0 to them we'd have taken advantage. Instead they could just sit in and defend and ave energy. We make the same mistake over and over again at Liverpool.

The attacking performance of the second half was effectively the last season of MP: side side side, run down a cul-de-sac, pull the ball back, side, side side repeat repeat repeat. Shit.

Agree pal....we have it all to do know and win 4-0 against a team that will basically just play counter football.

If they score ONE next Tuesday, we need FIVE.

Be honest with yourselves and realize that has very very short odds of happening.

We have too little strength against strong, in your face, teams, and the creative talent to beat 99% of teams. Liverpool attacked our weaknesses and we were unable to attack in the first half, because we had only one outlet, which was quickly double teamed.

Live and learn.
Yep we might as well be realistic about it but if score two in the first half at ours I will start to dream. That's a big if though, they will always have hope even if we start scoring they will probably only need 1 goal and they know how to counter.

We rightly get plaudits when we play well so it's only fair we get pelters when we dont.
Awful performance and we bottled it yet again at Anfield.
Quite why the management and senior players all got it so wrong is beyond me.
Liverpool didnt do anything new but we were like rabbits in the headlights. Liverpool will probably think it should have been more than 3.
ffs , yes we were that bad.

Had a work obligation that meant I couldn’t watch the match live.

Should I even bother watching the replay?

It’s a isolated game every time we Liverpool
That's right - people are commenting here like we usually turn up at Anfield and boss the game - well news-effing-flash people - we don't. I'm not happy, but it could have been far worse. Even more annoying, if you cancel out both of the offsides, and their usual 'worldie' strike against us - then its not all that: there are some games and results you have to take on the chin - this was one of them.

Overcoming a 3-0 reverse is not out of the question - believe.

for those of you telling me to fuck off, im really glad your ok with a performance like that

not one damn player showed up to play football, if they arent embarrassed to be beaten by a far less superior team then its pathetic, every one of those players should have a long hard look in the mirror

also i have every right to be embarrassed for them, how can they play like such dog shit in a game like that
i agree

Walker is a liability at times. We all know that.
Ederson was terrible for the first goal.

Not one shot on target. We totally shat the bed.
No fight in the team when we went 1-0 down.

Twice now we have had a big chance in a major late round CL tie and twice we have looked like rabbits in the headlight.

We need the Speakmans in to sort out their phobia!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.