Resting players against the rags

The vast majority of us want the strongest team played. Firstly cos, you know, winning it vs the rags is a one-off opportunity. Secondly, after last night, the players surely need a lift and a poor result Saturday is hardly going to provide that....

But. But but but. How many of us are actually confident that Pep is going to play the strongest possible team on Sat? I've got a horrible feeling he's going to put out a Premier League / League Cup hybrid team and it won't be strong enough.

The vast majority of us want the strongest team played. Firstly cos, you know, winning it vs the rags is a one-off opportunity. Secondly, after last night, the players surely need a lift and a poor result Saturday is hardly going to provide that....

But. But but but. How many of us are actually confident that Pep is going to play the strongest possible team on Sat? I've got a horrible feeling he's going to put out a Premier League / League Cup hybrid team and it won't be strong enough.

If he does that then in the space of a week he has really fucked up a potentially incredible season to just a good season

If he does that then in the space of a week he has really fucked up a potentially incredible season to just a good season

Fully agree.

If we don't win it on Saturday, and go out in the CL QF, then a season with so much potential will end up being remembered as "just" a very good season (like Pellegrini's double season).

There is only 1 way for Pep to play this out, and give the fans something to make them happy after yesterday's bad result. The only way for me, and my guess is for nearly all the City fans, is that he has to play his strongest team possible against the rags, and let's go and win the Premier league at home this Saturday. After this let's go all out to score the most goals, get the most points and try and win the League by the biggest margin possible.

This may just be the confidence booster that the team needs. I can't see us scoring the 5 goals against Liverpool in the 2nd leg next Tuesday that we will need to go through to the semi- final, but who knows, miracles sometimes do happen.

They have just had a week in Abu Dhabi and a couple of meaningless friendlies , they don’t need a rest

We need to restore confidence so he has to go for it against United. Tuesday is just a bit of a free hit now. It will be a miracle to win by four (Liverpool will score at least one)

It was reported in the paper earlier earlier in the week, that Pep had already promised most of our "key players" that they would have the day off against United, to concentrate on the 2 Liverpool legs. Might not be true, but sounds rather likely.
Whether last night's result will have changed Pep's feelings, or just reinforced them, who knows ?

I will start by saying personally I don't really enjoy the Champions League, so I would always put the league first(assuming that the league matters), but after last nights result and performance I would think Pep would want to try to get the result out of the system of the players because we will be flat as a pancake if we go into Tuesday's game on the back of two poor results(I would consider a draw with united a poor result), anything less than going through next Tuesday will be seen as another poor result and heaven forbid if we lose with Spurs the week after all of a sudden the papers are full of stories about epic collapses. The bottom-line is last nights performance forces Pep's hand and I would be shocked if we don't play our strongest team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.