Etihad atmosphere

Fuck off. You made all that shit up.

For a start, St James' Park is like a morgue 90% of the time, like all other premier league grounds. If you live up there you will also know that those fat, pale skinned Geordie lummoxes also have a history of deserting their team when the going gets tough, unlike City.

Made what up? Were you actually in your seat at half time? If you were, you'd know the truth. Guessing you were downstairs instead of upstais supporting, so wind your neck in. Perhaps the truth hurts?

Have you bothered to read the earlier posts about the Derby atmosphere? There are plenty of others who share the same view.

The fact there are 227 pages of a thread dedicated to the hot/cold atmosphere at the Etihad, tells you enough that there is an issue. The half time start on Saturday was shit and it was embarrassing to witness. The lack of support getting behind the team when the goals went in was a disgrace.

Wumming? wtf?

Afternoon All, I am a new member but life time City supporter. I have lived in Newcastle since the age of four but always remained a City fan, despite numerous trips to St James Park with Toon mates and occasionally to Roker Park/Stadium of Light at Sunderland. I also have a good friend who works for Liverpool so I occasionally see them play too (against City and North East teams).

This is my first ever post and I felt compelled to hunt out somewhere to share my thoughts after my recent Derby trip to the Etihad on Saturday. Hence, the reason for joining and posting on this forum. After going to the recently Wembly game against Arsenal and the Derby, I was suprised that on both occassions I was surrounded by foreign supporters. It is great to have this international appeal, but I do feel it is diluting the atmosphere at the stadium. It pains me to say this, but the support I have witnessed at St James Park, Stadium of Light and Anfield has been far better than the Etihad.

We have clearly grown significantly over recent years and with our success we have inevitably attracted new fans (some may call them glory seekers...tbh I dont care if they are or not). In doing so, I feel these fans are perhaps 'immature' as fans (for want of a better phrase), in so far as they don't yet share the understanding, passion, etc that long standing fans do. This is no fault of theirs, it is just the reality. What can we do to get these fans more engaged, or more inclined to make their voices heard when it is necessary on the terraces?

On Saturday, I felt sick to the pit of my stomach when I took my seat at half time and looked around the stadium at empty seats. The whistle blew and it felt like I was sitting in a library. Where was the roar of support, that I hear at St James Park? I knew what was going to happen, the second half started like a whimper and sadly the team did too. When the first goal against us went in, where were the screams of support? The sense of urgency? There was nothing. Me and my son yelled and screamed but the rest around us sat staring in disbelief at what was unfolfing.

I dont think we can lay the blame for the poor second half atmosphere at the feet of new fans, as there were clearly many long standing fans still not in their seats at half time. These things have got to change. We have an incredible stadium and incredible team and incredible supporters (when they turn up), but our team need that '12th man' to have their backs for every 90+ minutes that they are on the pitch.

Saturday was so painful to endure. We need to be heard tonight for the duration. I'll always be keepin the faith until that final whistle blows, lets make sure the team know we do as well!

Agueroooo!

Shit spelling of Wembley.

Afternoon All, I am a new member but life time City supporter. I have lived in Newcastle since the age of four but always remained a City fan, despite numerous trips to St James Park with Toon mates and occasionally to Roker Park/Stadium of Light at Sunderland. I also have a good friend who works for Liverpool so I occasionally see them play too (against City and North East teams).

This is my first ever post and I felt compelled to hunt out somewhere to share my thoughts after my recent Derby trip to the Etihad on Saturday. Hence, the reason for joining and posting on this forum. After going to the recently Wembly game against Arsenal and the Derby, I was suprised that on both occassions I was surrounded by foreign supporters. It is great to have this international appeal, but I do feel it is diluting the atmosphere at the stadium. It pains me to say this, but the support I have witnessed at St James Park, Stadium of Light and Anfield has been far better than the Etihad.

We have clearly grown significantly over recent years and with our success we have inevitably attracted new fans (some may call them glory seekers...tbh I dont care if they are or not). In doing so, I feel these fans are perhaps 'immature' as fans (for want of a better phrase), in so far as they don't yet share the understanding, passion, etc that long standing fans do. This is no fault of theirs, it is just the reality. What can we do to get these fans more engaged, or more inclined to make their voices heard when it is necessary on the terraces?

On Saturday, I felt sick to the pit of my stomach when I took my seat at half time and looked around the stadium at empty seats. The whistle blew and it felt like I was sitting in a library. Where was the roar of support, that I hear at St James Park? I knew what was going to happen, the second half started like a whimper and sadly the team did too. When the first goal against us went in, where were the screams of support? The sense of urgency? There was nothing. Me and my son yelled and screamed but the rest around us sat staring in disbelief at what was unfolfing.

I dont think we can lay the blame for the poor second half atmosphere at the feet of new fans, as there were clearly many long standing fans still not in their seats at half time. These things have got to change. We have an incredible stadium and incredible team and incredible supporters (when they turn up), but our team need that '12th man' to have their backs for every 90+ minutes that they are on the pitch.

Saturday was so painful to endure. We need to be heard tonight for the duration. I'll always be keepin the faith until that final whistle blows, lets make sure the team know we do as well!

Agueroooo!
ffs

Made what up? Were you actually in your seat at half time? If you were, you'd know the truth. Guessing you were downstairs instead of upstais supporting, so wind your neck in. Perhaps the truth hurts?

Have you bothered to read the earlier posts about the Derby atmosphere? There are plenty of others who share the same view.

The fact there are 227 pages of a thread dedicated to the hot/cold atmosphere at the Etihad, tells you enough that there is an issue. The half time start on Saturday was shit and it was embarrassing to witness. The lack of support getting behind the team when the goals went in was a disgrace.

Wumming? wtf?

Don't forget to dab, fatty.

Wumming? wtf?

You tell me the last time an away team has scored 2 goals in 2 minutes at the Etihad? Pogba. 53rd and 55th minute. That's enough to knock the stuffing out of any home support, not just City's on Derby day. 5 minutes in, people still taking their seats, people finishing off drinks, etc, and you think that 5 minute spell of support was embarrassing, even though we gave the team one of the best 45 minutes of support ever heard at the Etihad. F*** off!

You tell me the last time an away team has scored 2 goals in 2 minutes at the Etihad? Pogba. 53rd and 55th minute. That's enough to knock the stuffing out of any home support, not just City's on Derby day. 5 minutes in, people still taking their seats, people finishing off drinks, etc, and you think that 5 minute spell of support was embarrassing, even though we gave the team one of the best 45 minutes of support ever heard at the Etihad. F*** off!

Best 45 minutes ever?! Totally agree. But it's a game of two halves and the support has to last throughout....namely 90+ minutes! Don't you get it? As for your maths, 53rd minute and 55th minute is 8 and 10 minutes respectively after the second half started. Frankly if you're more interested in finishing drinks etc when you're at a Derby with the opportunity to win the league, then you need to asking yourself what your priorities are. Were you in your seat or were you with Didsbury Dave slapping each other on the back and downing another pint, thinking it was game over?!

Best 45 minutes ever?! Totally agree. But it's a game of two halves and the support has to last throughout....namely 90+ minutes! Don't you get it? As for your maths, 53rd minute and 55th minute is 8 and 10 minutes respectively after the second half started. Frankly if you're more interested in finishing drinks etc when you're at a Derby with the opportunity to win the league, then you need to asking yourself what your priorities are. Were you in your seat or were you with Didsbury Dave slapping each other on the back and downing another pint, thinking it was game over?!

F***ing he'll, you can't legislate for a 10 minute collapse at the start of the 2nd half. That affects the crowd. End of. The bars have been open all season at the start of the 2nd half, so fans continue their routine, regardless if it's United or not. It may have escaped your attention, but the 2nd half always comes with a quietish start on the terraces. Given the fact that we supported the team non-stop for 45 minutes, I think the fans are allowed a little breather straight after half-time. The PL isn't the Bundesliga or Seria A, where fans sing non-stop for 90 minutes. What can't you understand? The 2 Pogba goals killed the atmosphere dead. If they were 2 more City goals the stadium would have been rocking again.

As for me, why should I justify what I did or didn't do to you? But seeing as you are desperate to know, I took my seat before kick off. No drink at half-time. Just a good sing song at the back of 115. Is that OK with you? Sorry, I went for a piss as well.

Go on, tell me a better 45 minutes. Hamburg? Previous Derby wins? Erm, erm, help me out.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.