Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it is transparent and the crowd can see and hear what is being discussed, I just dont see it being that successful - as you say who is to say the assessor isn't as bent as the ref officiating

I agree about the crowd needing to be kept informed. this is 2 fold, to ensure the crowd know what is going on (Otherwise VAR will never be accepted), but also to keep the chance of corruption to a minimum. You may well have a point, but lets see, Off the top of my head I can remember multiple incidents where there was no VAR, Bernardo disallowed goal at Cardiff, Salah goal at anfield, Jesus disallowed goal at Anfield, Sterling none pen at Anfield, Young handball, young leg breaker on Aguero, where VAR wasn't used and they got 100% of those decisions wrong.

VAR may not have got 100% of those decisions correct, but it would be hard to not call the majority correctly. Can anyone name a City incident where VAR was used and we got a stinker of a decision?? I cant, but happy for someone better informed to correct me. If there isnt any, I just don't understand how any blue wont at least give it a fair crack of the whip to see if it does improve things....

I’d love to see an in-depth video collage of all the big decisions that have gone against us this season. Earlier on we just pissed by teams so and none of the decisions nor the potentially career ending tackles that went unpunished had much of an affect on our game or the players on the receiving end of said tackles, so they didn’t matter so much.

but now at the business end of the season these poxy decisions going against us have really stemmed our flow. It must be so disheartening for the players, because as fans our frustrations are palpable but for the players I can’t begin to imagine having to be on the same pitch being officiated by cheats. Yer man tonight Lahoz winking at the camera to then go on and rob us of a sporting chance in the tie the way he did, the sheer fucking brass balls on the ****. More should be made of this, he should be made an example of him for being an arrogant cheat. even Poll came out and said we’ve been on the wrong side of poor referring decisions the last 3 games. To be fair anyone who watches City will know it’s been for a few seasons now, but in this quarter finals the decisions have really fucked us up

-the dippers offside goal that stood last week,
-our onside goal that was disallowed at Anfield
-the penalty in the dying mins at Anfield plus the two other decisions that night makes it potentially 2-2 going into the second leg
-our second goal tonight disallowed for offside when Milner played the ball and Leroy by the letter of the law of the game couldn’t be offside, 5officials couldn’t see it
- Bernardo getting booked after the hand ball decision when it also rattled off Miller’s arm first, so handball one way I’m that scenario is also hand ball the other (and another potential penalty not given)
- firmino avoiding his second yellow and going on to score the winner tonight
- no added time in the first half when we where absolutely bettering them
- the refs game management to stem our flow and allow the time wasting from earlymon in the first half
- pep sent off by this narcissistic prick at half time

These are just some of the factors that fucked us over he two legs and even though we were shite at Anfield, 5-1 is not a true representation of what actually happens over the 180mins. We played some of the most high intensity football I’ve ever seen in the second leg first half, we where relentless but got shafted by bent officials.

Same at the derby on Saturday (I won’t go into that now because I’ve already posted elsewhere) it boils my fucking blood that the ****s are allowed to get away with it at this level of football, and to do it so blatantly in front of the whole world watching.

It’s really heartbreaking, so much so that if I’m honest with myself and stop making excuses for these ****s in charge of the game, I feel I’m honestly falling out of love with the game of football, and I am a football fanatic, the game that’s been a huge part of my life, the game I’ve adored since Italia 90 when I was 7years old. A swindle is one thing, but to taint so heavily a sport that millions of people love, it goes beyond disrespect. They should be ashamed the whole horrible nasty polluted lot of them

I’d love to see an in-depth video collage of all the big decisions that have gone against us this season. Earlier on we just pissed by teams so and none of the decisions nor the potentially career ending tackles that went unpunished had much of an affect on our game or the players on the receiving end of said tackles, so they didn’t matter so much.

but now at the business end of the season these poxy decisions going against us have really stemmed our flow. It must be so disheartening for the players, because as fans our frustrations are palpable but for the players I can’t begin to imagine having to be on the same pitch being officiated by cheats. Yer man tonight Lahoz winking at the camera to then go on and rob us of a sporting chance in the tie the way he did, the sheer fucking brass balls on the ****. More should be made of this, he should be made an example of him for being an arrogant cheat. even Poll came out and said we’ve been on the wrong side of poor referring decisions the last 3 games. To be fair anyone who watches City will know it’s been for a few seasons now, but in this quarter finals the decisions have really fucked us up

-the dippers offside goal that stood last week,
-our onside goal that was disallowed at Anfield
-the penalty in the dying mins at Anfield plus the two other decisions that night makes it potentially 2-2 going into the second leg
-our second goal tonight disallowed for offside when Milner played the ball and Leroy by the letter of the law of the game couldn’t be offside, 5officials couldn’t see it
- Bernardo getting booked after the hand ball decision when it also rattled off Miller’s arm first, so handball one way I’m that scenario is also hand ball the other (and another potential penalty not given)
- firmino avoiding his second yellow and going on to score the winner tonight
- no added time in the first half when we where absolutely bettering them
- the refs game management to stem our flow and allow the time wasting from earlymon in the first half
- pep sent off by this narcissistic prick at half time

These are just some of the factors that fucked us over he two legs and even though we were shite at Anfield, 5-1 is not a true representation of what actually happens over the 180mins. We played some of the most high intensity football I’ve ever seen in the second leg first half, we where relentless but got shafted by bent officials.

Same at the derby on Saturday (I won’t go into that now because I’ve already posted elsewhere) it boils my fucking blood that the ****s are allowed to get away with it at this level of football, and to do it so blatantly in front of the whole world watching.

It’s really heartbreaking, so much so that if I’m honest with myself and stop making excuses for these ****s in charge of the game, I feel I’m honestly falling out of love with the game of football, and I am a football fanatic, the game that’s been a huge part of my life, the game I’ve adored since Italia 90 when I was 7years old. A swindle is one thing, but to taint so heavily a sport that millions of people love, it goes beyond disrespect. They should be ashamed the whole horrible nasty polluted lot of them
Good post, I agree with every word. Honestly, after today I’m questioning whether following this sport is worth it anymore. So many bad calls against you can’t just be a coincidence and like you said, I’d like to see a compilation of all the decisions that have gone against us.

I still don’t understand why UEFA persist with the wankers behind the goal. They very rarely make a decision and even when they do, it’s mostly the wrong one. I refuse to believe he couldn’t see that the ball had bounced off Milner, there’s just honestly no way he could not see that.

Last edited:
I never thought id hear myself say it or even think it but I'm starting to doubt the whole integrity of football in general due to some of the things i have witnessed officials rule on this year. Seeing something which is clearly against the rules and not ruling it so is cheating and there is no other word to describe it.
Some of the decisions we've had against us this year have been staggering. If its parity were after its supposed to be swings and roundabouts however the roundabouts have been in very short supply.
This is starting to trouble me greatly.

I never thought id hear myself say it or even think it but I'm starting to doubt the whole integrity of football in general due to some of the things i have witnessed officials rule on this year. Seeing something which is clearly against the rules and not ruling it so is cheating and there is no other word to describe it.
Some of the decisions we've had against us this year have been staggering. If its parity were after its supposed to be swings and roundabouts however the roundabouts have been in very short supply.
UEFA and the big boys don’t like us nor do they like psg. It’s no surprise both of us get shafted by referees in Europe it’s not a coincidence.

I concur

Good post, I agree with every word. Honestly, after today I’m questioning whether following this sport is worth it anymore. So many bad calls against you can’t just be a coincidence and like you said, I’d like to see a compilation of all the decisions that have gone against us.

I still don’t understand why UEFA persist with the wankers behind the goal. They very rarely make a goal and even when they do, it’s mostly the wrong one. I refuse to believe he couldn’t see that the ball had bounced off Milner, there’s just honestly no way he could not see that.

And the fact I’m up writing this at 2am still seething, and you the same quoting me on here about the game is truly a shite state of affairs Armaan, of course even despite the doubts these horrible ****s have been sewing
into our minds about supporting the sport, it’s still hard to change the habit of a lifetime, I recently quit smoking after 15 years (I’m almost 6months off) and I really don’t want to quit football which is a true passion of mine. Something should be done because this mob are ruining the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.