VAR (PL introduction 2019)

It has to come in. Otherwise the bent refs and corruption carries on unchecked and we get shafted.
I would have it just like cricket and give the 2 managers 2 reviews each. Have the ref miked up so we can all hear. If ref reviewing can’t decide in 1 min stick with original. Show the replays on a big screen.
This way max of 4 stoppages. Taking yesterday’s game I assume Pep would have used one for Sane’s goal. 2-0, no red for Pep. Of course yesterday there was no replay shown was there?
Like cricket you have to exercise caution as to when you use them.

Meeting today to discuss its possible introduction next season, with a majority of clubs yet opposed and seeking to postpone it for a year.

Be interesting to know which clubs.

Yes. If it is postponed today, and I sincerely hope it is not, we should be told who opposed its introduction so that we can see how they fare from refereeing decisions next year.

As far as I'm aware, none of the leagues operating with the system have indicated any intention of dispensing with it, despite the inconsistencies, which makes any decision to postpone it even more suspicious. There will inevitably be controversy this summer when it is used in the World Cup,so I expect them to postpone a decision until after that event and thenuse the 'it's not quite ready yet excuse. The fact that the referees in this country have not been 'quite ready yet' for a long time, alas, seems neither here nor there.

Yes. If it is postponed today, and I sincerely hope it is not, we should be told who opposed its introduction so that we can see how they fare from refereeing decisions next year.

As far as I'm aware, none of the leagues operating with the system have indicated any intention of dispensing with it, despite the inconsistencies, which makes any decision to postpone it even more suspicious. There will inevitably be controversy this summer when it is used in the World Cup,so I expect them to postpone a decision until after that event and thenuse the 'it's not quite ready yet excuse. The fact that the referees in this country have not been 'quite ready yet' for a long time, alas, seems neither here nor there.

Not yet ready? How long has Rugby been using theirs. How long have we had slow motion replay instantly retrievable. Sky and BT have VAR. The armchair fan has VAR. Howie RedShirt has VAR in that shed at the bottom of his garden. I've got VAR on my phone! It is yet another instance of the shambles that passes for football governance maintaining the wholly unsatisfactory outcome for certain teams. The FArce could do worse than adopt as part of their crest the oft used catch-all - NOTHING TO SEE HEAR - MOVE ALONG!

I still don't want VAR, as it's still braindead refs with an agenda manning it.
This is true , we’d just a faceless person fucking us over instead. The Sane goal wasn’t difficult , it took me 1 second to see it wasn’t offside , the same for the assault on Sergio, it’s bent & they’ll find a way to cheat us . If Liverpool draw R Madrid they’ll be on the end of a few shit decisions for a change .

I have followed it's use and it has got virtually everything right,they need to iron out the time and maybe on the screen at the game but after the week we have had i'm amazed anyone would not want to give it a go,it's at the world cup i think? plenty of time for us to learn how to make it smoother,the uk refs could do a summer school on how to do it and go in te prem next season,it's quite simple really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.