Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

Only Liverpool.

They will be a real threat.

They haven't lost a single home game this season.

And their away form as improved drastically of late.

The signing of VVD has sorted out their defence.

An they are the only side to have beaten us this season, bar a 15 minute fight back by United.

Liverpool will be the only team that will seriously challenge us next season.

It will either be back to back titles for us, or the dreaded scenario of Liverpool winning the title, and all the media and social media baggage and hype that will bring.

And Liverpool will get WC midfield almost on par with ours: Keita + some new AM (Lemar?) + new DM (if they can afford it). They'll be much, much stronger next season. Bookies have them as 2nd favourites for the title, ahead of Utd.

Still I can't imagine Klopp defeating Pep in a league, his style in too draining, he struggles with parked buses.

I appreciate Liverpool will improve, but they've had a complete free pass since October when it became clear they were good enough for the top 4 and nowhere near the title, we haven't seen them in sustained pressure, let alone "OMG WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 28 YEARS" pressure. We will also improve and I think we'll match their improvement step for step.

The other thing is his best league points total is 81 (equivalent to 90 points in a 38 game season) - Pep's got better than that 7 times in 9 seasons, and 1 of those seasons he didn't get over 90 points, he won the treble and didn't need to push his team because they had a 10 point lead.

Klopp has never been in the kind of intense league battle that you need to beat Pep, where you have to win week after week after week, where every single game has as much riding on it as the 2 games against us because losing against anyone can pretty much end your season.

Mourinho has that experience, he's been toe to toe with Pep and actually won once, Klopp and Pochettino have never been in anything like it, and that's why I can't see either getting into it with us unless we seriously regress next season which is unlikely.

That's one of the reasons getting 100 points is so important. It's a psychological thing where teams will look at that table and see 100 points and know they can't get there, that if we play at the same standard, they can't win. If they see ninety-something, it won't have the same impact.

If Liverpool win the CL than maybe I'll reassess because that mental boost might give them a better chance of keeping up over 38 games.

Only Liverpool.

They will be a real threat.

They
haven't lost a single home game this season.

And their away form as improved drastically of late.

The signing of VVD has sorted out their defence.

An they are the only side to have beaten us this season, bar a 15 minute fight back by United.

Liverpool will be the only team that will seriously challenge us next season.

It will either be back to back titles for us, or the dreaded scenario of Liverpool winning the title, and all the media and social media baggage and hype that will bring.
Did I imagine West Brom turn them over in the Cup?

Be interesting to see when the "computer" puts the liverpoool games in next years fixtures. Id put money on the away game being in between Champions league knock out games!

Liverpool will definitely improve but so will we. 17 points is a big gap and I don't think the scousers will do it next season.

TBF, since the new year, Premier League form is a great deal closer. The top four are all within a few points of each other

P
W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Tottenham 14 9 4 1 27 11 +16 31
2 Liverpool 13 9 2 2 30 11 +19 29
3 Manchester City 12 9 1 2 32 13 +19 28
4 Manchester United 12 9 0 3 20 10 +10 27

so on the basis of this year so far, Spuds,Dippers and Rags.

Out of interest, Newcastle were 5th in that table and Burnley 6th.

We are the threat, I can see it being a similar outcome next season to be honest, the rags will park their bus to second place and the rest will under achieve, I think this is the start of an extraordinary era in the history of our club..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.