Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

TBF, since the new year, Premier League form is a great deal closer. The top four are all within a few points of each other

P
W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Tottenham 14 9 4 1 27 11 +16 31
2 Liverpool 13 9 2 2 30 11 +19 29
3 Manchester City 12 9 1 2 32 13 +19 28
4 Manchester United 12 9 0 3 20 10 +10 27

so on the basis of this year so far, Spuds,Dippers and Rags.

Out of interest, Newcastle were 5th in that table and Burnley 6th.
A league season is made up of 38 games, not a 14,13 or 12 game selection.

I also think Liverpool will be a threat, but they have to be more consistent. It is no coincidence they are 17 points behind us. Improving that consistency is different from improving the top level they can perform at in 1 game. I think they will struggle to do that, so they may be able to beat us in 1 game, but probably not to keep up over the 38 games.

A league season is made up of 38 games, not a 14,13 or 12 game selection.
Do tell. Still valid to consider form over the most recent third of a season though. We created the big gap last year. Maybe we will do the same in the first 20 games of next season - who can say?

I also think Liverpool will be a threat, but they have to be more consistent. It is no coincidence they are 17 points behind us. Improving that consistency is different from improving the top level they can perform at in 1 game. I think they will struggle to do that, so they may be able to beat us in 1 game, but probably not to keep up over the 38 games.

I think they will be a threat but won’t be challenging.

Remember this season they’ve been very lucky by having their front 3 injury free pretty much all season. Take one out and the fall in quality is drastic. Can is leaving for free. They need to replace him, buy another attacker, CB and keeper. In this market that would cost around £250m. Don’t see them spending that. They will probably buy a midfielder and attacker and stick with what they have. Good team but don’t see them really challenging us all season.

I think the biggest threat to us will be ourselves and if complacency slips into our play. Hopefully Pep will bring in a couple to freshen things up and offer alternative solutions if playere start coasting or show a lack of motivation.

Do tell. Still valid to consider form over the most recent third of a season though. We created the big gap last year. Maybe we will do the same in the first 20 games of next season - who can say?
They've only managed to keep pace for a small number of games this season despite being extremely unfortunate with injuries, nothing much will change next year, 85 points will beat them.

They've only managed to keep pace for a small number of games this season despite being extremely unfortunate with injuries, nothing much will change next year, 85 points will beat them.
Who's been unfortunate with injuries? Your post doesn't make sense.

Chelsea.
They always bounce back, potentially Sarri ias manager would make things very interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.