PFA nominations are out

Looking at it from a different perspective, KDB is the better all round player, arguably the most complete midfielder in Europe at the moment.

If you switched them around KDB would most likely convert most of Salah's chances whereas Salah would most certainly not have the same vision and passing ability in midfield.

I wouldn’t, no. He’s had a great season and would have made a worthy runner up, but there was a complete player out there who should have won it IMO. Debruyne

Absolutely, I've expressed my thoughts on anybody thinking Salah should have won ahead of KDB. I was being a bit extreme to make a point but I do consider it an absolutely shocking decision (but not a shock) that Salah won this award.

I heard Dean Saunders on the radio last night as I drove home from game giving out the old cliche that the hardest thing to do in football is score. Maybe, maybe not but it does grab the headlines. Kev though sees pictures and plays balls that few can dream of being able to do, he ain't exactly chopped liver when it comes to putting the ball in the net but he plays outside the box.

It's obviously not a one way thing but I'd sum it up as Salah benefits from how Liverpool play; City benefit from how KDB plays.

Looking at it from a different perspective, KDB is the better all round player, arguably the most complete midfielder in Europe at the moment.

If you switched them around KDB would most likely convert most of Salah's chances whereas Salah would most certainly not have the same vision and passing ability in midfield.

I nearly added words to that effect to my last post.

I think Kev is simply the best midfield player in the world at present.

It's a tough one noramlly one stand out player and a can't argue with mo getting it however for me the two reasons keV should have won it is

1 his all round passing is something we have never seen in the league and something very few players can do (every season someone scores a shed load of goals)

2 Kev's contribution has aided city win the EPL, and league cup (it is likely Liverpool will finish 20 plus points behind us and no trophies )

Not arsed about this one bit, KDB has 2 trophies in the bag this season, that is al that matters.

Two very different players with different roles in the team, swapping each player would weaken both sides in my opinion. It was always going to be a toss up between the 2 and could have gone either way.

The interesting one will be manager of the year, if this is awarded to anyone other than Pep then it is fucked up.

I would say no, in most normal campaigns but when you have a team, that has played at a completely different level, to every other team in the league, not just in that season but in the history of the competition, surely it has to weigh in the favour of the best player in said team? If City finish on 96+ points, which at this point looks extremely likely. how can it be ignored? Its all well and good Salah scoring x amount of goals and he has been very impressive but I think in this instance you have to take into account how superior City have been to every other side in the league and KDB has been a huge factor in that.

Additionally, look at the World Player of the Year accolade, rightly or wrongly, it almost always goes to the best player, in the team that wins the biggest trophies. In this country, there appears to be some weird obsession in celebrating failure/plucky losers.
Agreed. When the league is tight or there's no outstanding team, I can understand why a player who didn't win the league could be the best individual. But when one team has absolutely dominated the league and in that team, there's still someone who stands out, then that player should win it. Stats aren't everything, especially when you're selective about which ones you choose. We have an award for the most goals. Next season, we'll even have an award for the most assists. But surprise, surprise, a player who's spent a good portion of the season as a deep-lying playmaker doesn't get as many goals as a striker. By that measure, Darren Bent was a better player than Andrea Pirlo. Maybe we should compare their pass percentage, or tackles, or interceptions, key passes, all of which would be equally pointless, because Salah isn't expected to do those things.

It's partly why it's ridiculous to vote for this award before the end of the season. If Salah wins them the Champions League, then you'd have to say he deserves it. If he doesn't, then we're looking at a player that's made them improve by a maximum of 4 points and helped them to a good cup run. It's not like when Suarez dragged them to within a game of winning the title.

But there does seem to be a pattern of anyone scoring over 30 league goals automatically getting the award simply because it doesn't happen often.

I can understand why they went for Salah, he has had a really outstanding season. I'm not saying this as sour-grapes but KDB will be back next year and likely as not even stronger especially if we start playing with wingbacks and this should be put in context, it's not anywhere near as outrageous as when Yaya finished third in the player of the season voting the year we won the title and Liverpool took all the awards.

Congratulations to Liverpool FC and their scumbags in the media for influencing PFA award...

In a why this should be a wake up call for our hierarchy that no matter how good we perform our players will not win PFA of the year. We are and never will be the establishment favorite team and will always be regard as the enemy.

I agree that Salah has been outstanding with the Pool and we could do with his finishing power at City but because we have won the PL as a team so convincingly maybe it is more difficult to stand out as a player with City.
City have won team of the year and several nominees for player of the year which we expect as a team but Kane and Salah play for themselves and bring their team with them, our players play for the team and usually bring indifference to the who of who scores so let them have their choice.

KDB could argue that it is much more difficult to score from midfield than it is to score as a forward but players vote for the high goalscoreers so MS deserves the best goalscorer award just as we deserve the best team award, with goalscorers in many positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.