PFA nominations are out

Salah benefits from how Liverpool play; City benefit from how KDB plays.

100% agree, so I think KDB should have won it as he had a bigger influence on the entire Team and without him we would not have won the League with such ease.
Salah should get the golden boot of course but other than scoring goals I don't see how he has contributed as much as KDB has.

I saw a post on reddit which summed it up for me.

"When there was a league to be fought, De Bruyne was by far the better player".

Week after week after week he was running games. Making crucial passes, assists and scoring goals. He's the most complete footballer in the league. Hands down.

Imagine it the other way round. So Liverpool have not only run away with the league in equal-record time, but they are also on course to win the most points ever, the most goals ever, the most wins ever, the best goal difference ever, etc, etc. All time English records going back to the beginning of football in Victorian times. The three highest assists in the league are all Liverpool midfielders, and those players are getting rave reviews for playing a new and exciting brand of football possibly never seen in England before. One of their wingers has scored more than double his best ever previous total goals, etc. They've also won the League Cup.

Meanwhile, City are third and earlier in the season lost 0-5 to Liverpool, but Aguero has scored a lot of goals.

Would you expect Aguero to win Player of the Season ?

Top post and very hard to fault the logic.

Salah's goals have won what for Liverpool? We have scored 18 more goals than Liverpool and we have won nine more games than them. They have drawn 11 games so all of these goals haven't exactly helped them has it.

Liverpool have two players who would get in our side. Kevin is playing alongside Merlin, Leroy Kun et al. Maybe the perception is that Salah is playing in an average side but has dragged them to the CL semi final.

I saw a post on reddit which summed it up for me.

"When there was a league to be fought, De Bruyne was by far the better player".

Week after week after week he was running games. Making crucial passes, assists and scoring goals. He's the most complete footballer in the league. Hands down.
That's quite good actually.

100% agree, so I think KDB should have won it as he had a bigger influence on the entire Team and without him we would not have won the League with such ease.
Salah should get the golden boot of course but other than scoring goals I don't see how he has contributed as much as KDB has.

If the two players had switched clubs at the start of the season Liverpool would be much closer to City.

Just been wondering, though (and this is a shout out to stat geeks). Has it ever happened before, either in the PL era, or in the old First Division era, that a team is champions three times in one decade (less, actually), and not exactly far from the top when not champions ,and not once got the Player of the Year? i really do wonder...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.