Would we be in a CL Final if we didn't draw Liverpool?

Yes. This is the year to win it. Spanish domination is coming to an end and I think the UK is going to take over in future, but right now I think there is a vacuum and fkin Liverpool are filling it

Think we would have won it personally. Still, we could have beaten them had decisions been called correctly. Barca/Real/Bayern aren’t at the elite level they were in years gone by so I think we would’ve had a very very good chance at winning it.

Yes. This is the year to win it. Spanish domination is coming to an end and I think the UK is going to take over in future, but right now I think there is a vacuum and fkin Liverpool are filling it

You mean, England. Unless you no something about Celtic or Linfield???

We'd be in the final if Pep hadn't picked that team for the first half at Anfield. And I believe we probably would have been in the ref hadn't disallowed the late goal at Anfield and/or the second in the home leg.

No. I don't think we're a cup side. We've been consistently brilliant but played the same way in every game. It's a bit like pitting a marathon runner against a sprinter. Teams can raise their game for a one off cup tie hence the phrase "it was your cup final". There's an element of truth in that. Liverpool can regularly play us like a cup tie but flounder against run of the mill opposition in a routine league game.

IMO, that's why we're susceptible to the likes of Wigan and struggled against the likes of Wolves and Bristol City in the cup we did win. It's also why doubles are relatively rare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.