Would we be in a CL Final if we didn't draw Liverpool?

giphy.gif

With the aid of poor decsions we let ourselves down in Europe this year and bottled it.

We are better than Liverpool but defended shockingly over both legs when it mattered.

One thing I've realised this year is the Champions League is well over rated it can be won by anyone with the right draw and a bit of luck.

Liverpool have effectively beaten Maribor twice to get through their group and us twice in the knockouts to reach a final.

Our time will come.

No. I don't think we're a cup side. We've been consistently brilliant but played the same way in every game. It's a bit like pitting a marathon runner against a sprinter. Teams can raise their game for a one off cup tie hence the phrase "it was your cup final". There's an element of truth in that. Liverpool can regularly play us like a cup tie but flounder against run of the mill opposition in a routine league game.

IMO, that's why we're susceptible to the likes of Wigan and struggled against the likes of Wolves and Bristol City in the cup we did win. It's also why doubles are relatively rare.

You sounds like a pundit. We struggled against Wigan, Wolves and Bristol City because we played our reserves. And we did win a knockout cup in the end!

What a dreadful thread - why give the scousers any more ammo or joy.

I can see them now all saying oh city have a thread saying this on bluemoon

Good grief get a grip. They don't need anymore encouragement.

Looking at the evidence of how UEFA conduct the draws shown elsewhere on Bluemoon there was no way we would be drawn against another team. They wanted us out. The thought of 30,000 fans booing their anthem at the Final in Kiev would of been unthinkable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.