The brass band

As the fans were drowned out during celebrations thought Summerbees bar after the game and the tram on the way back to Manchester later had some great celebrations.

Out of all the atmosphere killing cheese, I actually thought the kicking of the little footballs into the crowd was the biggest mistake. I know they did it last year and that was fine because they had no trophy to parade. But the reality is we didn't actually see the team do a lap of honour with the league trophy, passing it around and celebrating etc.

However, seeing Ederson launch of of those balls out of the stadium made up for it for me.

Out of all the atmosphere killing cheese, I actually thought the kicking of the little footballs into the crowd was the biggest mistake. I know they did it last year and that was fine because they had no trophy to parade. But the reality is we didn't actually see the team do a lap of honour with the league trophy, passing it around and celebrating etc.

I thought that was weird too. Did any of the players actually walk around with the trophy? There are so many people on the pitch and most wearing the same tops you can't tell who are the players and who aren't. In reality the fan's are secondary now in these celebrations it is all getting the shots and videos for the media. Still a great day though.

Yep, without sounding a whinger (!) we thought that too.. In 102 you barely see the lift or anything (esp this year as they built the backdrop as a curve rather than a straight top on thin sides) and the "lap of honour" took forvere to actually start as they stayed round that bit forever unlike previous years... and when it did, just stragglers of players kicking balls! We were like "whwre's the trophy???!!!", eventully vinnie and kev had it miles behind the rest, which was great to see. But we just felt in 12 and 14 players actually passed it around in front of the fans, it felt a bit moer like a lap of honour with the trophy!!!! God we're spoilt aren't we - that we can talk about last time...??!! Anyway, may have been teh heatstroke we were all feeling, and sunburn, i was still happy to see us. honest ;)

Loved the end of match celebrations. Bring on the razzmatazz. Great trying to catch balls kicked into the crowd who around me at least were all dancing to some of the tunes played by the brass band. The old days have gone. It is now entertainment for all ages, sexes and races.

They were a bit crap and the whole thing reminded me of an American election rally with stars mixing with the footballers and the choreographed response to winning the league so that the right photos can be taken with the right people, slowly but surely the peoples game is becoming something different.
At least I can say I witnessed the time when it was raw because within very long we'll be playing premier league games in other countries and have rules like we have to have at least one woman in the mens team etc, it's going to become a circus.

Moan over apologies to all.

All the people who didn't like it, see if it improves over the course of the next 10 title parades.

Hopefully you all enjoyed 2012 as it was the first for 44 years and there was little to compare it to.

2014? Well they'd had only 2 years to surpass 2012 so understandably easy to be disappointed.

If you didn't like this year's then don't come for next year's then you'll be happy having nothing to whinge about.

All the people who didn't like it, see if it improves over the course of the next 10 title parades.

Hopefully you all enjoyed 2012 as it was the first for 44 years and there was little to compare it to.

2014? Well they'd had only 2 years to surpass 2012 so understandably easy to be disappointed.

If you didn't like this year's then don't come for next year's then you'll be happy having nothing to whinge about.

So just because some fans thought the brass band was cheesy and shit, that gives you the right to tell people not to turn up for any future title celebrations? Jesus wept.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.