Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially 60+ games next year if we sign him then I would expect he along with sterling and sane to get 20+ games under their belts.

To maintain this seasons form and push on to even better, rotation and rest will be key.

Wouldn't be supprised to see sterling used more as a striker or more central

Squad players = Delph (as good as he's been he's not our starting LB once Mendy is injury free), Danilo, and so on.
I think that the expectation for Mahrez is much higher - challenging Sterling for a starting spot/rotation on the wing or for a spot/rotation in our attacking mid.
I disagree. In my mind, they are all squad players from which Pep decides the best 11 on a game by game basis

Morning all,
I am a Leicester fan and I will no doubt get laughed out of this place but I firmly believe you will be raving about Riyad after only a few games and he will become a permenant fixture in your team. For me he is one of the most technically gifted players in the Premier league and I would rate him above Sane and Sterling. I believe in your team he will be incredible and set the league alight. I am gutted that he is going as he is truly magic and I wish him well at City. I will certainly watch more of your games now.

Can you think of a big game when David Silva was fit and he was "rotated", mate? Sané was also an automatic choice as we had no one else on the left. Same with Fernandinho. Walker was 100% first choice right back, only rotated to save legs.

I'm a pedant of the first order, so I'm going to have to take issue with the highlighted part. Danilo got the nod ahead of Walker for the away leg in Napoli, and that was for tactical reasons so as to counter their abundant threat on the left, as evidenced in the first leg and indeed much of the second until the excellent Ghoulam had to be withdrawn. So, can we agree on 99%? ;-)

And before any Moderator calls 'back on track', surely Mahrez (and Jorginho) can put a word in with the aforementioned Ghoulam...

Very excited.

I first spotted him in the season where they were abysmal but escaped relegation with 7 wins from the last 9. Used to rave about him every week on here and developed a proper man crush.

And now he’s ours.

An incredibly gifted player. Unvelievable control, ridiculous dribbling, bags of pace and very very quick minded. Scores for fun to.

The kid will be out of this world in a Pep team.

What a signing :)

Potentially 60+ games next year if we sign him then I would expect he along with sterling and sane to get 20+ games under their belts.

To maintain this seasons form and push on to even better, rotation and rest will be key.

Wouldn't be supprised to see sterling used more as a striker or more central
Over the 5 players across the front 3 I'd expect all 5 to get 30 plus. If they all got equal it would be 36 each but there is Bernardo who'll play there as well as centrally sometimes ( I think he will anyway)

Hopefully we will get at least an announcement of a deal agreed or medical today? Maybe he will do that, photo shoot and video today with it being shown on the website tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.