Gareth Southgate

needs to improve on his use of substitutions imo.
Hes doing a cracking job bar that for me...

Wasn’t overly enthusiastic about his appointment - thought he was too much of an FA man to give us the new direction and energy we so obviously needed after Hodgson. Delighted that he’s proven me so wrong. Aside from the fact that he has us playing with real commitment and purpose, he also seems to be a thoroughly decent and likeable guy, and has somehow managed to craft an England squad in that image.
Very, very rarely have anything good to say about the press in England, but thank Christ for whoever it was who exposed Allardyce’s indiscretions.

He appears to be perfectly suited to the job.
Handles the media excellently. Picks players to fit the system instead of the other way round. Has appeared to instill a togetherness in the sqaud that was lacking.
Even if we don't win it he's England's best manager for 30 years

By bringing who on?
It's the timing of them and the reasoning behind them.

Rashford came on today at the 90min mark. Why?
Why not bring him on at 80 mins and save 10mins of Sterlings legs. Dier for Hendo was a smart sub. Would have preferred to see Cheek come on for Alli and keep us on the front font with the same formation.

The Delph sub in the Columbia game was a negative one, he came on to sit next to Hendo in front of the back 3 and it changed the momentum of the game and they eventually scored.

Southgate like to shit up shop whereas I prefer the attack is the best form of defence mentality...

It's the timing of them and the reasoning behind them.

Rashford came on today at the 90min mark. Why?
Why not bring him on at 80 mins and save 10mins of Sterlings legs. Dier for Hendo was a smart sub. Would have preferred to see Cheek come on for Alli and keep us on the front font with the same formation.

The Delph sub in the Columbia game was a negative one, he came on to sit next to Hendo in front of the back 3 and it changed the momentum of the game and they eventually scored.

Southgate like to shit up shop whereas I prefer the attack is the best form of defence mentality...
Like you say,its your opinion,fair enough.

Getting a bit carried away. He has done well with a poor team and poor opposition.
Correct old cliche you can only beat what's in from you but Tunisia, Panama,Columbia , Sweden's oap club is hardly beating great opposition, thanks Jim for correcting me

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.