Who now then?...

Does referencing Sport360 strengthen your argument ? -;)
No. the other guy was completely right. It merley presents facts of his transfer activity at city, evidencing that tixi can be fallable in the transfer market, bloating the team with mediocrity. But I suppose he's not the only one and won't be the last.

No. the other guy was completely right. It merley presents facts of his transfer activity at city, evidencing that tixi can be fallable in the transfer market, bloating the team with mediocrity. But I suppose he's not the only one and won't be the last.

We did go through a time, when ffp restricted our recruitment. None of those players are now at the club.
I think you would agree clubs are paying bloated prices for inferior players, in an effort to close the gap.
I don't believe City will be tempted to pay an inferior player a kings ransom and upset the wage structure already in place.

I completely agree with you. Txiki signed Mangala for £40million, or whatever the fuck it was we paid for him in the end, which is pound for pound our worst ever transfer (in my opinion) and also signed Wilfried Bony for £27million - so he's not without blame.

But I maintain that Txiki would never have overseen a window as consistently horrifying as the one that saw us 'push on' from a title win by signing Rodwell, Garcia, Maicon, Sinclair and Richard 'fucking' Wright!

Still makes me angry to think we handed Ferguson his perfect retirement by giving up on retaining the League and showing so little ambition that season.

Although you could argue, looking at the shambles that is the Rags since he left, that it was an inspired piece of strategic forward thinking!
Yeh your spot on mate. Cant fault a word of what you've said

So Txiki and Pep do make mistakes. Still their hit rate concerning transfers is much higher than average.

Poor job in recruiting for the dm role. Not recruiting as a whole. How long do we need to suss that this position needs to strengthening. When the need is identified its in pursuit of players completely contrary in ability to the world beater you already have in position. Then when the pursuit of the two players you have in mind fall through. The messaging is that an attacking midfielder Douglas Luis can do it subject to work permit. Then there's talk of kdb, gundogan and others sharing the role. Then city do a 360, and we're being told a ball playing defender can slot in their. Like I said not having a go at recruitment or pep in general, just the pursuit and messaging to the fans around the acquisition of this role which has been at best schizophrenic.
But doesn't that make you stop and think either the club are all over the place and have no idea what they want for the pivot in a Pep team, or they know exactly what we want but I can't quite see what that is.

We did go through a time, when ffp restricted our recruitment. None of those players are now at the club.
I think you would agree clubs are paying bloated prices for inferior players, in an effort to close the gap.
I don't believe City will be tempted to pay an inferior player a kings ransom and upset the wage structure already in place.
I know. I agree with you. Its just that it narks me that we seem to have spent a lot of time chasing players who may not have been right for us. Which in fairness to pep and tixi over the last 2 years is a rarity. As they've generally got it right. But like I said earlier it's the conflicting messaging about what we want for the role that has pissed me off. From jorghinio to stones is such a big difference in abilityand style of play in that role Fern to stones is equally not what what I would consider to be a seamless transition in quality or style of play. Just all very confusing.

I think we’ve made it absolutely clear in the last couple of windows (and put down a marker for future signings) that we won’t be taken for mugs - we have our valuation of a player and won’t enter any bidding wars - and that we will only sign players who genuinely want to come and play for the club and aren’t motivated simply by money. That’ll do for me.

But doesn't that make you stop and think either the club are all over the place and have no idea what they want for the pivot in a Pep team, or they know exactly what we want but I can't quite see what that is.
Yeh that's what I've said in my last few posts. The conflicting briefs from the club has not made it confusing about what they want in that role. At the end of the day, I know they don't have to share anything but that being the case, it would be helpful if the club were consistent with their messaging, or consistent with saying Jack shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.