QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum appears to go into default , blame Mahrez and Gundogan when Sterling and Merlin did f*ck as well , it was another average performance and we have had four on the trot , just doing enough is not enough at the sharp end of the season , we need to step up , play our best players and start rolling teams over instead of pussy footing about playing pretty football on our half way line. We have zero aggression at times , when we should battering teams , conserving energy is fine but not when you lose a Champions league quarter final to a Spuds team that were there for the taking.

Sterling looked dangerous and Merlin did alright. Mahrez is fucking shite. No link up play, no runs in behind, shit crossing, just predictable wank.

Believe or not I think being 1-0 down against spurs will suit us. Spurs will have something to defend and drop deeper and deeper and the pressure will tell at some stage in the next leg. Think we were due a loss to be honest, happy we have a chance to turn it around in the next leg and not cost us the league or fa cup. 11 wins on the trot is doable for us.

Why oh why playing Delph as LB. He’s been a disaster almost every game there. Always goes in the middle, losing the left flank, missing headers, and against Son this was destined to happen. Was Rashford last year all over. As people have said, when Gundo, Mahrez and Delph are playing together, we drop a lot in quality. Walker also bad today, just like Silva that hasn’t been good for a long time either. Sterling and Laporte my men of the match.

Whilst I don't think he should have played there are definitely 'excuses' for it
1) Mendy is just back and needs nursing
2) Zinchenko is injured
3) Laporte is not a left back
4) Danilo isn't fancied there against decent teams, for whatever reason

Laporte has had some brilliant games at left back and he would have been a million times better than Delph. Danilo too would have been a better option.

It’s not just his liability at the back either he disrupts our play every time he goes near the ball. Pulling back to get the ball on his right foot or lingering around doing nothing 30 yards from goal when we’re in attack.

I don’t even blame him, it’s not his fault. He’s just out of position and out of his depth.

Nobody is saying we should have stuck five in. But we are a team that scores plenty of goals and in a competition where away goals count more, it would have been nice to see a bit more attacking intent or maybe for us to have changed things earlier.

Of course we can still turn it around but we've made it really hard for ourselves.

Do you not think Pep was trying to avoid ‘doing a Liverpool away’ and being out in the 1st leg?

I’m going to stand alone probably.
The line up was a surprise but we are not party to the reasons behind the scenes.
As far as the game management I felt we were doing well. Gundogan with Fernandinho with one of either Delph or Walker depending on which side the ball was coming out of were sitting deep and probing enticing spurs to come out so we can break the lines. We were so so brave and were controlling this tactic for the majority of the game. D Silva forgot his sat nav again but worked to find space. Mahrez worked hard. We weren’t going to go there and play our usual game. It was a European away QF match. We used the same tactic as away to Liverpool this season. Sit a bit deeper and keep it tight. I expected to get to 70mins 0-0 then step the tempo up with in game changes. That brain fart from Delph cocked the plan up. We had to then stabilise when they racked up the tempo. You can’t throw on new players in MF whilst that is happening. We got over that very dangerous period and then we could make the changes.
Disappointed to concede a goal like that against the control of the game. We have more very important games in the next days we have to manage. Don’t let these pundits put you off seeing what happened tonight.
Nice one, I like the cut of your jib, sick of reading negative comments by some who should know better. I’m all for criticism when it’s justified but we have been on a fantastic run, hampered severely by injuries and ffs, 1-0 down with a home leg to come is hardly a disaster. Wonder if the anti CL brigade will turn up for this one.

This forum appears to go into default , blame Mahrez and Gundogan when Sterling and Merlin did f*ck as well , it was another average performance and we have had four on the trot , just doing enough is not enough at the sharp end of the season , we need to step up , play our best players and start rolling teams over instead of pussy footing about playing pretty football on our half way line. We have zero aggression at times , when we should battering teams , conserving energy is fine but not when you lose a Champions league quarter final to a Spuds team that were there for the taking.

Agree with that,Sterling lost the ball many times and Silva isn´t the player he was 1-2 years ago.I hope Sterling doesn´t start to think that he is Messi now and can take on 3-4 defenders alone all the time, not going to work.

I didn’t expect us to win all 3 games against spurs, so we win the other 2 and we are back on track, too many fannies on here slagging the team of, get a grip ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.