QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha there's a load on here tonight sound like rags and dippers fucking defeatist yes we lost but by a single goal and
Ground hog day again - we fail at this level every time, would rather win the league.
Theres the fucking leg at ours before you wave the white flag

Reactions: SVP
The one thing to take away from this game is that Delph and Mahrez should not play in any games that matter at least until the end of the season.

Delph is the one player that will always give the opposition a chance to take something from the game. Nothing is more certain. Its got to the point where young Zinchenko is looking a far more mature and experienced player. He’s also leagues ahead technically and offers a tremendous amount more going forward.

Mahrez gives us absolutely nothing for 85 minutes. Very occasionally he’ll produce a short moment and then he’ll return to doing fuck all except repeated ineffective step-overs before giving the ball away. It’s literally like playing with one less man. We have several academy players that can contribute more and put in a better shift. We are a different beast when Bernardo or Kevin is out on the wing. I’m sick of it now. There are no signs of improvement. His time is up for me.

Walker offers very little quality going forward. You used to be able rely of him being solid defensively, but his decision making recently has been atrocious. I fear that he’ll cost us in a major game and so I’d lean towards playing Danilo, who is much more composed and intelligent on the ball.

Jesus needs to rid himself of his offside addiction. It’s killing our rhythm. He has the technical quality and intelligence to go past players. He really doesn’t need to play on the edge of offside.

On a positive note, Gundogan didn’t have his worst game, Sterling continues to look lively and Laporte didn’t do much wrong. Still all to play for.

I’m going to stand alone probably.
The line up was a surprise but we are not party to the reasons behind the scenes.
As far as the game management I felt we were doing well. Gundogan with Fernandinho with one of either Delph or Walker depending on which side the ball was coming out of were sitting deep and probing enticing spurs to come out so we can break the lines. We were so so brave and were controlling this tactic for the majority of the game. D Silva forgot his sat nav again but worked to find space. Mahrez worked hard. We weren’t going to go there and play our usual game. It was a European away QF match. We used the same tactic as away to Liverpool this season. Sit a bit deeper and keep it tight. I expected to get to 70mins 0-0 then step the tempo up with in game changes. That brain fart from Delph cocked the plan up. We had to then stabilise when they racked up the tempo. You can’t throw on new players in MF whilst that is happening. We got over that very dangerous period and then we could make the changes.
Disappointed to concede a goal like that against the control of the game. We have more very important games in the next days we have to manage. Don’t let these pundits put you off seeing what happened tonight.
i agree and thought we would scrap a 0-1 . The problem was most of us felt(even Armaan) that Delph was likely to cock up the plan-still not many fit options at left back.

I don’t even want to say anything. I’m
Bored or mahrez now. And Delph. I’d rather have jo back playing and sagna with his worst possible performance than ever watch M and D again.

But it’s not quite half time as they have an away goal advantage.

If the get a goal they score we have to score 3 and then match them goal for goal

Plus they may get an extra 30 mins to do it.
if's buts and maybes IF we get through non of this matters I'll reserve my judgement till then thanks

Agree with that,Sterling lost the ball many times and Silva isn´t the player he was 1-2 years ago.I hope Sterling doesn´t start to think that he is Messi now and can take on 3-4 defenders alone all the time, not going to work.

Despite that I thought Sterling was still by far our biggest threat

Illogical. Whatever he was planning did not work. He'll get a lot of criticism if we go out and rightly so.

All IF's, let's calm down and see how if plays out Sunday and Wednesday.

Same people slagging Pep are the ones calling out Klopp for throwing domestic cup games. Its funny how one defeat changes people into needy idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.