Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t think we should go out over two legs to a team 16 points behind us in the league without their captain and top goal scorer. We gifted them 4 goals.

Yep we did.
Where I come from we would say spurs have had an arse full of luck. Even their fans couldn't believe it.

They will need much more of that sort to stay top 4 in the league when you look at their fixture list and squad depth.

Last night they were using the lose way of reffing much better than City.
They were pulling arms 2-handedly and nothing happened.
I think the ref missed 5 or 6 yellow cards for them easily.

City forgot that yellows are cleared out after the QF.
We shold have fought back physically and pick up some yellows
to hold against their permanently dirty and niggling game.

Especially corners have to be defended against the man, not against the ball.
City were much too nice. Next chance on Saturday.

So despite spending 2bn on players in the last 10 years , have you caught up with our 3 European trophies !!
Tonight was a manic night most fans after were fair in praising our team and our support , it was immense .
Think with out Kane, Winks ,Sissoko amongst other not paying on Sat , you could get your revenge .
I hope not , but I still want you to beat the Dippers to the league

I read 100 pages on this forum last week and not one gave us any credit , at least 10 poster said we were shite and a tinpot club , and the rest just said , oh well turn up, and beat em 3-4/0 ,, you didn’t give us a prayer .....Ajax won’t be so disrespectful , and we will welcome them to WHL with open arms , we have good connections with em and our trip out there will be epic .
It’s now 1.30 and I am still buzzing , not good when I have to get up by 5 to get back down souff to get to work for 9

What is it with knobs going on opposition forums so they can get outraged and rant? Complaining about disrespectful shite posts by posting disrespectful shite, ffs.

No one gave you any pre-match credit? Take your Spurs tinted glasses off mate, the threads were riddled with posters saying you'd do us. Of course there were plenty saying otherwise - even disrespectfully - what did you expect, have you never seen a football forum before?

3 European trophies? I can't say I remember them. That doesn't mean they don't count, but you're clutching at straws there. What would you be saying if it was the other way around? Would it just be disrespectful (irrelevant) boasting?

And as for "...2bn on players..." - if you've let yourself sink to that level of stupidity there's no point replying to that remark.

Maybe you're just pumped up (I would be). Maybe you're pissed (I would be). Maybe you're just another keyboard warrior knob (I would …, er, no! not this one)

We're not short of oppo fans spewing shite, so if you're going to run your mouth off you could at least be amusing, Wotknob.

Its primary function was to eliminate the obvious mistakes, but in the Schalke and Spurs games combined we had 11 VAR delays, of which at least 4 are still debatable.

On the wider scale, VAR will ultimately destroy the matchday experience, with goals being disallowed all over the place, and nobody daring to celebrate.

Well played Spurs. It could have gone either way, but that's football.

My only gripe is that whilst regularly acknowledging that Tottenham didn't buy a single player in the last two transfer windows, it's rarely noted by the media that City only bought one.

I still don’t think we should go out over two legs to a team 16 points behind us in the league without their captain and top goal scorer. We gifted them 4 goals.
In other words the only way we could lose to what's still a top-4 EPL team and a very good side that beat Dortmund..
Miss an away goal penalty u
Or star defender has a nightmare and make three mistakes
Miss a number of chances ourselves
Spurs commit foul after foul to break up our play with limited punishment.

And even then we pushed them all the way, and lost only on away goals

I am gutted, as much as anyone but that loss proves why we are such a good team, need practically everything to go against us for even top notch opponents to have a chance.

Its primary function was to eliminate the obvious mistakes, but in the Schalke and Spurs games combined we had 11 VAR delays, of which at least 4 are still debatable.

On the wider scale, VAR will ultimately destroy the matchday experience, with goals being disallowed all over the place, and nobody daring to celebrate.

Well played Spurs. It could have gone either way, but that's football.

My only gripe is that whilst regularly acknowledging that Tottenham didn't buy a single player in the last two transfer windows, it's rarely noted by the media that City only bought one.
Yes one player.
Hes a 60 million quid waste of money

Lol. Why do Spurs and Arsenal fans care so much about Liverpool not winning. You’re not even on our radar. If (still a big IF) we did pull off the league it’s only the Rags and Chavs we’re interested in. Followed by the toffees and now probably City.

Anyway, congratulations last night, great game of football, not a Spurs shirt in sight at the pub but you were heavily backed.
Your “I’m really friendly honest” mask is starting to slip.

Well done to Spurs they managed the tie well and got the bit of luck they needed via Laporte’s 2 errors and the handball goal.
Good luck in the next round.

What's your view on the recurring view of a lot of City fans that you're a better team without Kane, one which I agree with too?

Tricky one. Before this season I would have said no. But these multiple ankle injuries appear to be taking their toll. Kane is still a great goalscorer and can find you a goal from nowhere and has proved his worth over 5 seasons.

I think we have started playing him is a slightly different role but whether this is to the detriment of the team as a whole I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.