Bought A Bicycle - Tips And Advice, Please...

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Agree on this, would also recommend something like a Kryptonite leash to protect against theft of the saddle as this and wheels are most common parts stolen from bicycles

I bought nice/comfortable handle grips for longer trips which make a difference IMO

Learn hand signals
I’m a big fan of Brook’s saddles... they are superb once broken in and British

What did you go for btw? Was fettling one of mine today as off to France fora week so will be getting some smiles and miles in and a sneaky beer or two before I head back to the apartment
Gone for a Quella Stealth white.

I have no idea about bikes so don’t know if it’s good or not, went for the best looks for £500 more than anything.

For leisure cycling go on council websites - Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire (if that's where you are) and check out their cycle routes. They tend to be quiet roads. Also National Cycling Network, and canal towpaths. We've just come back from Birmingham - train to Wolverhampton and a canal towpath (tarmacked surface) all the way to Birmingham centre, and from there you have a choice of canals. Our old codgers bespoke cycle club (there's only four of us - total age 270yrs+) regularly cycle down the Rochdale Canal to the velodrome, and then onto Victoria if we don't fancy the cycle back to Littleborough. The Leeds-Liverpool Canal is a good ride from Burnley to Foulridge and there is a superb cafe at the Foulridge end. We've also ridden the Bridgewater Canal to the Aaaaaaaaargh Centre but those bastards, who let all kinds of prams (I counted one with TWELVE wheels!) won't let yer wheel yer bike in, even a folding one! If you are really adventurous then a flight from Manchester to Eidhoven by Ryanair for a tenner each way and then you can see what Rags, rats and Dutch cycle paths have in common - yer never more than six feet from one! The Dutch system is incredible. You can download an app that allows you to plan a route with associated node points. We like to get across for a few 'koffie verkeerd'! And the nicest thing about cycling in The Netherlands is I believe that if you are in an accident with a car, they always blame the car!!
Cheers mate I’ll check that out

Single speed? Blimey now that is a brave choice for coming back to cycling! Cracking looking bike btw
It says this in the description; “The flip-flop hub makes changing between fixed-gear and single-speed effortless whilst our 44/16 gear ratio provides balance between acceleration off the lights and rapid cruising.”

It says this in the description; “The flip-flop hub makes changing between fixed-gear and single-speed effortless whilst our 44/16 gear ratio provides balance between acceleration off the lights and rapid cruising.”

Dont think cycling can ever be described as effortless but its great marketing spin you have to admit.

its a nice looking bike though mate, enjoy it and keep safe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.