COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if that was true, the issue is how most people get to the ground on buses/trains/trams even in cars together, so completely illogical conclusion.

Don't believe his figure either, it's not represented in current trajectories.

The point still stands - if you stop 100k peope from going to a big event, unless you tell them to stay at home they are still going to go out and do things and interact with people.

I think you either go big and shut down everything non essential or you just accept it is going to spread. Shutting down the public transport systems would be a place to start.

Is it worth it considering how effective it would be - probbably not.

Yeah, but nobody can bank on that. You could think you're healthy but have something underlying undetected.

Similarly, if the situation in hospitals becomes overstretched, who receives life-saving treatment will be left to the attending physician to determine.

People attending football matches have to queue to gain entry, climb the same stairs together, often touching the same railings, and use the same facilities (kiosks/toilet), where hygiene has never been optimal, and then you could be sat in front of someone coughing his head off and not have the option of moving elsewhere.

Especially around blocks 110 / 111!

I had that Chinese flu over the millennium new year, I was a fit 31 year old and that thing floored me if it’s anything like that for the elderly god help them

Just seen a kid on a bus doing the usual kid thing, sucking the handrail. Mum oblivious on her mobile.

The point still stands - if you stop 100k peope from going to a big event, unless you tell them to stay at home they are still going to go out and do things and interact with people.

I think you either go big and shut down everything non essential or you just accept it is going to spread. Shutting down the public transport systems would be a place to start.

Is it worth it considering how effective it would be - probbably not.

it's true, how can you close down sporting events but not shopping centers ? or clubs etc

All good stuff until you said go to ER for a test. Not sure what malarky you lot are running over there but over here the advice is to stay the hell away. Ring 111 and if they suspect you have it they'll either tell you where to go (as in which drive thru testing centre to visit) or the Hazmats will come and pick you up.

Benefits of a universal health system you see. Please spread the word over there.
All a bit overblown, mate! If I have symptoms of COVID-19 and I have it, then I have been spreading the wealth across the country for about the past two weeks! Wearing a mask to go to the ER and asking them for the test isn’t going to threaten anyone. FWIW, I have premium (union contract, $800/mo) health care, so not worried about that!

NEWSFLASH: THIS IS NOT EBOLA...ITS NOT EVEN SARS...ITS A VIRUS WITH AN ELEVATED KILL RATE OVER THE REGULAR FLU, BUT 80% OF INFECTED PATIENTS HAVE MILD TO MODERATE EFFECTS AND NO LIFE THREATENING SYMPTOMS.

Tbh, I’m more concerned about the effect on my job than I am on my health! Company stock down 40% (21% this week), flights cut, pilots taking voluntary leave, others taking 33% monthly pay cuts to stay home (probably a 25-50% pay cut coming for me from reduced schedules in April), pay increases cancelled until at least July, hiring freeze, widebody international aircraft being brought into the domestic market for transcontinental and vacation locations still showing strength, etc, etc, etc...

What's the obsession with people clearing the shelves of bog roll, it's a respiratory illness not fucking dysentery.
Most bog roll comes from China, and they're not exporting for a while out of fear the stock will be contaminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.