COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
40 feet. Seriously mate, unless/until have have bad flu, people have no idea just how ill you can be with it. I mean, people do die from it, don't they. i seriously hope that the symptoms are much more mild for most people.
Yeah I know what you mean. Some people call a runny nose the flu, they’ve clearly never had a bad one!

Seems that in spite of Trump giving himself top marks for his handling of the crisis, based on raw data the US has the highest death rate of all the most affected countries at 6% compared to an average of 3.4%. This could of course be due to the fact that people have to pay for their own tests over there and there are a lot more than the reported 233 cases, so either way the US is probably handling it a lot worse than many countries.

Tbf 8 of the deaths were because it got into a care home, distorts things slightly.

Yeah I know what you mean. Some people call a runny nose the flu, they’ve clearly never had a bad one!

Last time I had the flu badly was my 18th birthday, was shivering and burning up on new years eve watching Spartacus just wishing the grim reaper would take me. Fuck the flu!

Also had it at 8 weeks old and the Dr told my dad I had menegitis, shit them up!

Seems that in spite of Trump giving himself top marks for his handling of the crisis, based on raw data the US has the highest death rate of all the most affected countries at 6% compared to an average of 3.4%. This could of course be due to the fact that people have to pay for their own tests over there and there are a lot more than the reported 233 cases, so either way the US is probably handling it a lot worse than many countries.
I think numbers are way too low to be making assumptions yet. A lot of cases are people who have travelled from affected regions, or contacts of these people. In the UK it was mentioned only 10 cases yet are unknown transmission. That said it won't surprise me if they end up with a higher CFR than other countries.

Tbf 8 of the deaths were because it got into a care home, distorts things slightly.
Agreed, but the main point is the probability that the problem is much bigger there due to under-reporting because of the cost of the tests to those that have them and the cost of being in hospital without adequate insurance.

Hardly the healthiest breed of people though are they mate? The average American has a few health problems.

People attending football matches have to queue to gain entry, climb the same stairs together, often touching the same railings, and use the same facilities (kiosks/toilet), where hygiene has never been optimal, and then you could be sat in front of someone coughing his head off and not have the option of moving elsewhere.

While children may not be generally affected in terms of mortality, they are presumably highly likely to catch the virus and then spread the symptoms, either elsewhere or in the home, which in turn raises the risk of older family members developing the virus and adding to the pressure on the NHS.

even if that was true, the issue is how most people get to the ground on buses/trains/trams even in cars together, so completely illogical conclusion.

Don't believe his figure either, it's not represented in current trajectories.
Yes the biggest area of risk on Sunday would have been in the crush to get back to the underground and then on the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.