City’s Legal and Media/PR Teams

I was listening to a european politician yesterday. He was totally dismissive of the British press. He was basically laughing at the whole sector. I sometimes think there is an unwillingness by the British to accept our media for what it is. Somehow it isn't very british to have an agenda driven, biased media, Owned by billionairres living in exile, or sons of Russian KGB agents.or a newspaper, touting itself as a pillar of democracy, owned by American investors. A politically driven sector that does not see a UAE football club as a welcome addition.
They will always find an employee to write the kind of crap we have witnessed since the CAS verdict. It won't go away. If you recall , the club were reasonably aggressive in their reply to the initial UEFA ban, this was spun across the media as unsporting, an indication of guilt, etc.
Upsetting for us fans, lapped up by the masses, but trophies in the cabinet is the best reply, and very upsetting for them.

Very well put.

the funny thing is, when the media do this to City, fans eyes are opened to all areas of media manipulation.

I can’t help noticing that our near neighbours release at least five ‘stories’ every day which the newspapers lap up. Usually it is what a player Odeon Igloo is, or what Paul Scholes had for breakfast in 2013. Dipperpool do something similar. Perhaps we need to do the same. Positive City related articles presumably wouldn’t get the same number of clicks but at least we would be competing on the PR front.

Zabaleta likes Shredded Wheat for breakfast.
KDB really rates David Silva.
Joe Hart gives his 1,2,3 guide to gardening using his four golden gloves.

That type of thing.

I remember when City were building the academy & they invited everyone & explained that they are challenging the whole supply chain to ensure that local manufacturers are the beneficiaries, it was fantastic & not picked up or repeated anywhere in the print press.

5 stories would end up;

oil cheats
No fans
Pep leaving
Sterling shops at netto
Curly watts ate my hamster

I remember when City were building the academy & they invited everyone & explained that they are challenging the whole supply chain to ensure that local manufacturers are the beneficiaries, it was fantastic & not picked up or repeated anywhere in the print press.

5 stories would end up;

oil cheats
No fans
Pep leaving
Sterling shops at netto
When (if) the swamp gets a makeover it’ll be an endless stream of positivity - original builders sons reminiscing , memories of past glory replayed out, legends laying the 1st bricks, ‘Revitalising local tradesmen’, ‘a fitting stadium leading the club into the glorious future’, a tribute to being bombed but rebuilt afresh, ‘tea lady Ethel remembers...’, ‘fantastic global fan experience awaits’, ‘bringing our fans even closer to their idols’, ‘keep a reminder of the glory by buying an individual brick , each lovingly signed by a legend and restricted numbered’... etc ad infinitum

I can’t help noticing that our near neighbours release at least five ‘stories’ every day which the newspapers lap up. Usually it is what a player Odeon Igloo is, or what Paul Scholes had for breakfast in 2013. Dipperpool do something similar. Perhaps we need to do the same. Positive City related articles presumably wouldn’t get the same number of clicks but at least we would be competing on the PR front.

Zabaleta likes Shredded Wheat for breakfast.
KDB really rates David Silva.
Joe Hart gives his 1,2,3 guide to gardening using his four golden gloves.

That type of thing.
That's bullshit, Zab's Weetabix man. Shredded wheat!!! Wtf lol

When (if) the swamp gets a makeover it’ll be an endless stream of positivity - original builders sons reminiscing , memories of past glory replayed out, legends laying the 1st bricks, ‘Revitalising local tradesmen’, ‘a fitting stadium leading the club into the glorious future’, a tribute to being bombed but rebuilt afresh, ‘tea lady Ethel remembers...’, ‘fantastic global fan experience awaits’, ‘bringing our fans even closer to their idols’, ‘keep a reminder of the glory by buying an individual brick , each lovingly signed by a legend and restricted numbered’... etc ad infinitum

Only happens if the government pay for it

Jesus, you're good at this aren't you? I felt genuinely nauseous by the time I got to the end.

5 stories would end up;

oil cheats
No fans
Pep leaving
Sterling shops at netto

when we were regenerating the area I remember the MEN doing an article on us kicking out businesses

nothing to do with we paid them a lot of money and helped relocate their businesses

when we were regenerating the area I remember the MEN doing an article on us kicking out businesses

nothing to do with we paid them a lot of money and helped relocate their businesses
Mainly about one business in particular owned by a Red Bastard, who decided to stir up the shit for a laugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.