Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
apart from KDB and a fit kun, would any of our players ( bias / blue tinted google aside be considered world class??

I doubt it maybe raz at a push

Raz is world class, and i know my glasses are tainted i'm Belgian afterall but still.

The problem is that you shouldn't have youre threat comming too much from a few key players, or the opposition will know to focus on shutting them down. What seemed to lack was additional threat from other players along the whole width of the oppositions defense to create more space for Raz. Then again that requires more players to move forward, potentially even playing a higher defensive line, and we got absolutly punished by Lyon for our high line.

At 1-1, the trigger should have been pulled to switch the players round. Gundogan and others should have been pulled with Foden and Silva coming on.We should have gone for the throat at that point. We didn’t and their substitutions then changed the outcome.

Load of bullshit here as usual. you play a 50/50 wum/decent points game and back on your wumming again. Lyon was +950 (snagged a cheeky little emotional hedge and bet on Lyon) but this one was all on Pep.

We could easily win the CL if we stopped stepping on our own dicks.

We’ll be favorites again next year.
95 % of the time, in the premier league Pep gets it right, in the Champions League for the umpteenth time he again has over thought the situation. Questions need to be asked.

Pep changed the system because he doesn’t trust his players or think they ain’t good enough

But that's the thing! Just based on our performances since after the covid break, how could he NOT feel the system we've been using was good enough to take on Lyon? I really really don't get that.

As if the team selection and formation weren't bad enough, his post match explanations were shocking.

Can't bring myself to watch it yet after reading one or two responses to it. Sometimes the supporters need the manager to say the right things to appease them and he so rarely does that. Shame really because after the way he came out all guns blazing after the CAS verdict I thought he'd turned over a new leaf in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.