Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said in an interview a few months ago that he had a preference for Barcelona/ Bayern because we told him that the plan would be to loan him out and he didn't want that. Then Pep intervened and (I think) must have given him assurances of being involved. He did say he knows he'd have to be patient though and wait for his chance.
So expected to be in/around the first team next year then?

If so could this mean:
RB - Walker, Couto and Cancelo
LB- Cancelo, Mendy and Ake

I find it very hard to believe that this guy will go straight into the first team when he has barely played a game at senior level.

Surely when playing at a big club in the best league in the world you would have had to have a bit of experience at a pretty good level, surely?!

Just loan the little fella out and get on with it i say.

I find it very hard to believe that this guy will go straight into the first team when he has barely played a game at senior level.

Surely when playing at a big club in the best league in the world you would have had to have a bit of experience at a pretty good level, surely?!

Just loan the little fella out and get on with it i say.

He looks twice the player Garcia is & he played every week.

Different positions for one...

two... have any of us ever seen him play besides Youtube?

Even Samaras looked a world beater on Youtube.

I presume as we're already committed to paying more for him, if he plays a first team game, than Barca offered for the 'future of their defence' who has been called up to play for Spain, then we rate him.

If rumours of him coming to the first team are true, then with Ake, and probably another new CB, I'd say a back 3/5 is not so out of the question next season.

Mendy/Angelino------Ake/Laporte------Laporte/New CB-------New CB/Walker------Cancelo/Couto

Could also do the usual back 4 as well, Couto looks good enough on the ball to play the inside fullback role as well, but not as good defensively as Walker.

I presume as we're already committed to paying more for him, if he plays a first team game, than Barca offered for the 'future of their defence' who has been called up to play for Spain, then we rate him.

I think its unfair to judge one player that has played numerous games at a very high level to the other player that has barely played senior football.

On Youtube he looks fantastic and the reviews on him have all been very positive, but i need to see him play before judging him. I remember Keegan absolutely raving about Matias Vuoso when we signed him and he barely played for us and was sold not long after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.