Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the fans have a small mentality of a little club then we don't deserve to win the CL and get Messi. We can never grow and we will forever have 1/4 empty stadiums week in week out.

We only seem to fill up when we play Liverpool and United. Doesn't that tell us something? That alot of our fans are still in the same mindset we were 20 years ago. There's still a small mentality at the club.

We've got to think bigger than Ian Brightwell, David Flitcroft and Antoine Sibierski.
Yeh this is what I mean, fans who attend games have a completely different perspective from those who generally just engage with it on social media.

If you attended in person, you'd know that the ground is full for every league game. Tickets are sold out at the ticket office.

I know that's probably not what the United "bantz" sites say, and Goldbridge and Mark Ogden have unfortunately probably clouded your judgement on what the truth is.

Most internet United fans are quite insecure, needy sorts. They like to follow the most successful team because they think in some way it makes them successful.

They want to follow the biggest team because it makes them feel big.

But most City fans, particularly the match going dyed in the wool loyal fans who followed us down to the third division. We've got a bit more about us. A bit more character than you lot.

We support the club as opposed to the club supporting us, if that makes sense?

2 comments:

1) Moan about the deal in principle

Hitherto I didn't see the sense in buying Messi because of his age but the free transfer makes it possible, and I have not thought about the effect on New York City etc. However, if you start to add a £100m transfer fee to £300m wages (approx) then you have to wonder if that's the best use of resources.

The Mancini and Guardiola sides were built by very heavy but very sensible investment in the best young players in their position e.g. David Silva, Aguero, Kompany, Sterling. The strategy has worked. I would prefer City to go back to those early day of the transfer window when we sort out the star young players and bought them. e.g. the central defender I'd buy this Summer would be Koulibaly. And then I'd target a left back, and someone like Kante for defensive midfield. Buying players who are 33 and going downwards doesn't seem sensible to me. That's a massive departure to what we have done.

2) Likelihood of a deal

Will it happen? I don't think City will risk forcing a free transfer but Barcelona FC have opened up a war with Messi FC and they need to move on so I think they will want a resolution. I think they will be ready to sell for c.£100m. City might try and force it down but then you have the risk of other clubs coming in so I see a negotiations and a relatively small fee smoothing his exit.

Every questions that slimy slug on SSN asks Richard Dunne has a negative slant on it - 33? Big Wages? Koulibaly instead? Less game time for Aguero? FFS. If he was strongly link with the Rags or Littlewoods they would be already filming documentaries and have a MESSI TO RAGS watch every hour on the hour.

Yeh this is what I mean, fans who attend games have a completely different perspective from those who generally just engage with it on social media.

If you attended in person, you'd know that the ground is full for every league game. Tickets are sold out at the ticket office.

I know that's probably not what the United "bantz" sites say, and Goldbridge and Mark Ogden have unfortunately probably clouded your judgement on what the truth is.

Most internet United fans are quite insecure, needy sorts. They like to follow the most successful team because they think in some way it makes them successful.

They want to follow the biggest team because it makes them feel big.

But most City fans, particularly the match going dyed in the wool loyal fans who followed us down to the third division. We've got a bit more about us. A bit more character than you lot.

We support the club as opposed to the club supporting us, if that makes sense?
Tickets may well be sold out, but i see week in week out there are a shed load of empty seats for lots of games. Signing Messi will guarantee a packed stadium every single home game thats for sure and might be the catalyst for expanding the NS.

If it doesn't effect our other business then I couldn't care what the fee or wages are.
As long as we get another CB, LB and possibly a CM if Pep wanted that in then it's all good.

I think there are too many noises about City agreeing to pay a fee. The club probably doesn't want to go to court again and would prefer a deal.

Not kidding. 120m Instagram followers is more than United and Liverpool combined. Once the click hunters need the clicks it can start to change. Some journos already saying it would be great for Prem. Imagine the MEN trying to get on board to milk it. This is precisely why he is a game changer for City. He changes the narrative. This is why the old press hacks are shitting themselves.
I think Blue Moon and Esteemed Kompany are in for a hell of a lift off if this happens.
The sniping will continue for sure but don't be surprised to see a change in editorial agenda. They need the clicks.
Hear, hear!

Empty seats if they are anywhere tend to be in the North stand in blocks

Been widely discussed before that they are usually tickets given to academy players or CITC

There won't be any expansion anytime soon after Covid, Khaldoon mentioned it's been shelved in the end of season interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.