Pep's contract situation

sometimes in football you need to get the breaks; Liverpool got almost all of them (relatively speaking compared to other clubs) last year and ran away with the league in some style, given they're a strong and well-managed team who strengthened further and deserved their run of results, even if a few had an element of fortune about them/other teams suffered more injuries etc ..

.. in knockout cup competitions luck can play an even greater part because of the fewer number of games; one single referee's decision (and we've had them in the CL) and/or player(s) missing from individual games or an error at the wrong moment can have disproportionate effects on results (compared to a full league season) and you're out.

I believe we've got as many chances to win the CL as any of the other top teams (and don't forget what Leicester managed a few seasons ago to pull off perhaps the greatest league championship upset in living memory) and if we don't suffer anything too outrageous, we may just get there in the end - perhaps with Pep.

my thinking is that not winning the CL doesn't say that much; it's a tough competition to win, and at the end of the day you need a little bit of fortune - which Spurs had in bucket loads to knock us out, and all the top teams are in it - with only one of them able to lift the trophy each year.

I don't consider any CL 'critique' as valid against our current manager and any argument about whether he'll renew and/or be offered an extension; our set-up has been basically built-to-suit him, so where else is he going to go if he wants to remain active in the game?

as long as he's up for it, I expect he'll be managing City; the moment he decides otherwise - that's when things could change - a little like our main striker.. if Aguero wishes to renew at the end of his current deal, he'll get an extension, but if he doesn't then maybe he'll end up canoodling with lineswomen overseas instead.

;o)

If we get Messi I can see him stay 1 or 2 more years but I also feel he needs a break. Last few seasons have been insane & full of pressure. Covid has also really had an impact on pep with his mum & the lack of fans in the grounds.

get messi & he has a good friend & a new project to motivate him

He's staying or why would he seduce Garcia to a new Contract? And why he said that he and City will decide about Agueros future?

It's done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.