Pep's contract situation

Ferguson went 13 and 8 years without a CL.
Heynckes went 15 years.
Ancelotti 13 year and counting.
Mourinho 10 years and counting.
Klopp has 1 in 20 years of management.

It is normal for the best coaches in the competition's history to go a decade without a win. So no one with any sense is questioning the Pep's record. Only 3 managers in history have won it more, and 2 of those with one side. Only Ancelotti has won 3 at multiple sides.

What the fuck does this even mean?

Aké has played every game. Torres is 21, do you not remember Sané taking 6 months to get in the side?

What does Iceland have to do with pep?
Good luck, Dom. You're talking to an oddun there.

There's always one who takes it personally, isn't there? Swearing did nothing to help your cause either.

You're yet to address a point and have answered a question with a question.

p.s. Sane left. He plays for Bayern Munich now.

You haven't made a point to answer, just some inane babble about Ake not being on the pitch despite playing every game.

Also swearing doesn't mean it's personal, it means no one knows what the fuck you're talking about.

Are you happy with failure after failure in the Champions League? I'm not. That defeat v Lyon was humiliating. Not to mention Spurs and Liverpool putting us out too.
I'm not happy but do have the ability to balance success against failure and know things are pretty good over the last few years, and don't see any reason for them not to continue, hopefully with Pep as he's the best option, though think we'll probably still be succesful when he moves on. Will it include c/l might, might not it's a cup and needs a certain amount of luck.

Fuzzy logic. It's just a few matches in too. We've spent a fortune developing the academy for what? A chavvy looking lad from Stockport.
The academy will bring the odd star through that’s all like any academy in the world
However how many players does it introduce to the game ? And look how much we make from them surely you can see it’s a business model

How do you know these statistics? Who can churn this stuff off from memory? You're either gifted or a geek. I've no idea what Bayern Munich's manager is called now yet they won it last season.

Are you happy with failure after failure in the Champions League? I'm not. That defeat v Lyon was humiliating. Not to mention Spurs and Liverpool putting us out too.

Still, another Carabao Cup. That's something to write home about.
Yes the Caraboa Cup is something to write home about
We are the only club to have ever won it I believe
It’s a trophy and we have been starved of them for years I go to everyone and will continue to do so because I do not know when this journey will end Hoover up all we can
However you are right we need to win the Champs league that is a different ball game and small margins and luck needed
We will get there maybe if Aguero wasn’t injured we would’ve been closer last year who knows

Ferguson went 13 and 8 years without a CL.
Heynckes went 15 years.
Ancelotti 13 year and counting.
Mourinho 10 years and counting.
Klopp has 1 in 20 years of management.

It is normal for the best coaches in the competition's history to go a decade without a win. So no one with any sense is questioning the Pep's record. Only 3 managers in history have won it more, and 2 of those with one side. Only Ancelotti has won 3 at multiple sides.

What the fuck does this even mean?

Aké has played every game. Torres is 21, do you not remember Sané taking 6 months to get in the side?

What does Iceland have to do with pep?
Take Heynckes out of the mix as he was no coaching top teams.

Heynckes only participated in the CL 4 times. After Real Madrid in 1998 he was coaching teams like Mallorca, Frankfurt, Gladbach, Schalke who in his years there weren't in the Champions League. He retired from coaching in 2004 - only to be called back as interim in Gladbach in 2006/07 and for Bayern in 2008/09. Then his 2 years for Leverkusen and the 2 for Bayern followed.

Heynckes has only played Champions League 4 times - 2 wins, one final, one semifinal.

For me Pep got too much stick for the Lyon game the poster above is correct individual errors cost us against a very good team although I except one we should beat
Thought Pep had a shocker against a Lyon, a real missed opportunity. We produced arguably our best performances ever in the champions league against Madrid he then completely changes the system against an inferior side. Despite Laporte being fit he starts the god awful Garcia who himself stated he wanted to leave prior to the game.

Hopefully with the increased depth at centre back we will be able to make it past the quarters this season.

Take Heynckes out of the mix as he was no coaching top teams.

Heynckes only participated in the CL 4 times. After Real Madrid in 1998 he was coaching teams like Mallorca, Frankfurt, Gladbach, Schalke who in his years there weren't in the Champions League. He retired from coaching in 2004 - only to be called back as interim in Gladbach in 2006/07 and for Bayern in 2008/09. Then his 2 years for Leverkusen and the 2 for Bayern followed.

Heynckes has only played Champions League 4 times - 2 wins, one final, one semifinal.

And 3 years in the European Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.