Another new Brexit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Covid raging and the sports news dominated by the greatest club in world football (Liverpool FC) I forgot this was going on.

I take it we’re all ready for a smooth transition on January 2nd when Brittania breaks her moorings and is freed from the oppressive regime known as the European Union?

"not me guv"..........however Johnson, Gove, Hannan, Farage, Raab and the rest of them are about to find they have to own the thing they were in denial about very, very soon......bunch of liars

A government spokesman said: "The UK has a highly resilient food supply chain and there will not be an overall shortage of food, regardless of what trading arrangements we agree with the EU".

How do they know it's highly resilient? No-one has ever before slapped tariffs on half what we eat.

If I had to speculate, the deal was done exactly a month ago and that has prompted the 15% rise in the stock market during November. It’s all theatre now and Johnson is just waiting for the stage managed EU concession on fish, so that at the very last moment he will triumphantly announce his great victory and will basque in the glory of getting one over on the EU, just for as long as it takes for someone to actually read the deal and burst his balloon because of the UK concessions on LPF and governance. Of course I could be wrong but I would expect a lot more volatility in the markets if there was significant doubt about the outcome.

As for the actual outcome, my guess is that it won’t be far short of BRINO with extra bureaucracy which is why the markets like it. Again it’s just my opinion and I could be totally wrong.
Actually, all the extra paperwork counts as economic activity so will help GDP. Pity about the price increases.

2021-2070. Even mcfc1632 reckoned 50 years to see the benefit.

Mega - we regress to 1969 ( I was 8 then so I know what the country was like and the intervening years ) and in 2050 we should be where we are now?

I am really looking forward to all those Brexiters on here explaining away the chaos - the inflation - the job losses - the damage to British industry because at last they will have to explain the benefits of all that damage vs what they think of as sovereignty - and how that hasn't equated to cheap trainers.

MB has been as quiet as on here as French Mark has been on social media since the summer. Odd that.

Mega - we regress to 1969 ( I was 8 then so I know what the country was like and the intervening years ) and in 2050 we should be where we are now?

I am really looking forward to all those Brexiters on here explaining away the chaos - the inflation - the job losses - the damage to British industry because at last they will have to explain the benefits of all that damage vs what they think of as sovereignty - and how that hasn't equated to cheap trainers.

MB has been as quiet as on here as French Mark has been on social media since the summer. Odd that.
Best I can offer is some comfort reading:

British readying for Brexit: They never saw it coming, mate (irishtimes.com)

Simon Fraser on Twitter: "1/6: A short #Brexit retrospective as we enter the last month. Four and a half years ago we started down this path with little understanding of the route or the destination, pushed by ideologues who exploited the diverse and often reasonable grievances of many people." / Twitter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.